Chapter 6

In the depths of the earth, I went tumbling down. I was descending in a spin and I crashed into rocks and twigs along the way. I was sure to have lots of bruises after this, if I was even going to be alive.

Suddenly I crashed.

I landed on my head and almost broke my neck. I groaned and rubbed my neck then looked around. I was very far down from the surface but the area I was in was very crystallised. There were crystals and gems lying around and the ceiling was illuminating brightly like the sun. It was made from diamonds that sparkled and was printed onto my eyes. I was amazed at the sight. I was unable to move so I just had to sit here for a little bit; atleast it would give me some time to rest.

I couldn't see the beast anywhere so I think he must've landed somewhere else. I was getting very tired and sleepy so i might spend the night in my cosy, little spot. I felt the tip of something sharp poking my back and when i turned, there was a whole wall of rare, crystallised, diamonised gemstones all sticking out. There were all different kinds, rubies, emeralds and sapphires.

I had some little space in my pocket so I picked off some that were close to me but one specific one caught my eye..

It was right in the middle and it was the biggest gemstone of them all...

The Red Ruby Heart

It out shined the rest and its gleaming glory captivated my eyes. It was twinkling out and its beauty dazed out into the open. The only problem I had was it was very high up and I was too weak to stand up. I'll just get it in the morning i thought.

I looked around the palace-like cave. I could hear a slight drip of water from the deeper side and in the distance, I could see a tiny bit of light so I think that was the way out. The whole cave was fairly lit up and the gems and crystals were scattered around neatly. There was also quite a lot of mud on the floor and in the middle of everything, there was a lake. This cave was well designed and it looked like it could be a home.

Underneath my feet felt uncomfortable. I think tiny rocks were poking me so i change my position so i was laying on my side with my legs folded and resting aganist my chest. I was finally feeling safe even though it wasn't home, it was close enough. A smiled formed on my lips as my eyelids started closing and i drifted off into sleep.

A/N: Sorry this chapter was so short :') but i hope you all enjoyed it. I really liked this one since its got the gemstones XD