Chapter 17

When we arrived, the cave was huge.

There was ice sticking out at every bit but it looked very beautiful. They were sparkling in the beauty of the sunset and it seemed so pure and fresh.

We walked in and Athena was back to her normal self. As we walked, we could see our reflections and they looked really funny. I made a couple of silly faces and so did Athena.

"Hey, do you want to stop for a break?" Athena asked.

"Yeah sure".

We then sat down and she got out the bag that was filled with food. I got out some fruits and started eating.

"Hey i just wanna say thank you for all that you have done for me," I said to Athena.

"No problem, i'm always happy to help," she said smiling.

"So how did you go from living on Venus to Earth like dealing with changes in tempreture?" i asked with curiousity.

"Good question. Basically, in my wings i have these tempreture detectors so when me and my family moved to Earth, we had to point our wings to the sun until nighttime and then our wings can register the amount of sunlight we are getting and our bodies can adapt to it".

"That is very cool, so how's it like living on Venus?" i asked leaning closer to her.

"Its alright if your born there, we don't get that much visitors except Mercury because other aliens can't stand the heat and also food is hard to get sometimes".

"Aww did you have any friends on the other planets?" i asked.

"Yeah i had one on Mercury and also Neptune but most of my friends were Venuorites also," she said.

"Oh ok".

We continued eating but then Athena was looking past my shoulder. Her eyes went wide and she put her food down.

"We need to go".

We got up and hurried along the corridors of the cave.

I had a strong feeling that something was following us but i didn't dare look back.

My fears were confirmed when i saw the reflection of the beast in one of the icycles. I nearly fainted but Athena swifly pulled me over as the beast's claws lashed at the ice. I was in pure shock as he glared so darkly into me, he really wanted to end my life.

I started to cry but Athena shook me.

"No time for crying, we need to go". She then dragged me and the beast galloped behind.

I had enough of all this running around and pulled away. I was so overwhelmed and really tired that i just dropped to the ground.

"Just take me, i don't care anymore," i cried out letting my tears wash away my anguish. Athena looked shocked. The beast had a smile forming on its horrid face.

That's what i like, good girl

I continued crying as he approached, this was really going to be the end, i didn't even get to have a job or start my own family, all those opportunities were being taken away from me right this moment.

Just as i was about to receive my fate, a bolt of light shot through the sky and made a direct hit of the beast. He groaned a little and stepped back a bit. I turned around and Athena came behind me.

"It's not too late if we make it out here," she said reassuringly.

I gave her a sad smile and wiped away my tears. I got up and held her hand and we ran through the walls and eventually made it outside the cave.

I was so happy to be outside again and hopefully able to live another day.

"Thank you Athena," i bent down and gave her a hug.

"No worries, anyway does this forest look familiar or nah?"

I looked around and i did recognise it. I remember coming here to visit my cousin when we were younger and we used to go exploring.

"Yes i do," i said with a smile.

We then started walking together through the forest and any moment i would finally see my beloved cousin.