Chapter 3

The sky suddenly changed into a melancholy atmosphere.

I was buried within the frozen ice. My whole body, paralysed without one limb being left. I was in pain and my insides were screaming out loud. I had to get out but I didn't know how to when the icicles were chaining me down.

But suddenly, hope was near. The sun's beautiful, golden rays shone through. They penetrated through my cage and unleashed me. I was gaining heat and I was soon able to twitch my fingers and from that, a single twitch turned into a whole movement. I found myself digging out and I eventually reached the surface and took a breath of life.

My eyes wandered around. There was no sign of the demonic beast but the the nature around me was cold and forgotten. The ground was slippery and powdery. The air was in mint condition and cooling. However, the trees looked beautiful with sculptures of ice, dripping off of them, they were a prize to the eyes. I didn't mind being in this blizzardery place but I had to go to my cousin and plus my body temperature was dropping since I didn't bring any warm clothes with me.

I started walking, careful in where I trekked and highly alert for the monstrous nightmare who was preying upon me. My spirit was disturbed for I was unsure if I was being watched or not. My head kept ringing repeatedly and I was spinning in waves. My whole body was growing weaker by every minute and the light felt dazy. I felt deadly nauseous and a hint of guilt in my stomach. Never have I ever encountered these feelings before and I think this will be the first and only time.

Step.

I paused.

Step.

I looked.

Step.

I saw.

It leapt out of the bushes and proceeded to attack me. My blood and adrenaline coursed throughout my veins and I picked my feet up and tried to run in the snow.

The beast's claws sank into the snow so it was harder for him to chase me which gave me a massive advantage. However, i jinxed myself and ended up tripping and slipping and sliding and falling. I ended up on my face.

I spluttered out some snow but picked myself up. I dusted some snow off and i got a little bit of frostbite. I started shaking and shivering on the spot. The air was so cold and thin. I got a little nausarous and felt a little light headed; But this was no time for fainting because the vibrations of the monster footsteps soon set me on a run for my life, again.

A waterfall of tears escaped through my eyes as i began crying, pleading and begging, internally and externally for help and screaming for sanctuary but no one heard and no one was paying attention. The water from my tears made the snow melt a little and became a little easier not to fall.

We then approached a field. I was at one end, and the forgotten creature was at the other. Suddenly, a strong circulation took cover and it surrounded us. It was blowing hard and wide, near and far and overall it was going through us and under us. He licked his lips for hunger and i gulped. The gust of wind made it impossible to see anything so i had to keep a good watch. He snarled and hissed. I tried to stay as close to the trees as possible.

The velocity of the gust then intensified. It got higher and much more stronger. I became fearful of my life, not just because of the beast, but of the bestial blow of the breeze. I held my breath and stood my ground, prepared for anything.

The beast then launched itself across. The wind picked it up and hurled it towards the left. It landed with a thump. I slightly giggled and it didn't look too impressed. This time, it ran very fast but i ran around in the direction adjacent to it. It stared right into my soul. It's eyes were filled with lust for blood and anguish. It wasn't going to give up. Until I gave in.

The sky got darker and it started to snow more. The blizzard gained more energy in its kinetic store and behaved like an uncontrolled wild hound. It strangled the little vegetation beneath it and kept turning and also moving around like a whirlpool. My eyes widened with fright and terror. It rose from the ground and gave a ferocious scream that silenced my ears. The beast took that opportunity and began running at full speed towards me. I darted down the slippery slope and I saw an unusual looking forest but I didn't care and I ran down, waving my arm sin the air in excitement and I jumped, high into the sky, and crashed landed into a densely covered tree.

A/N: might make this chapter longer later but I really enjoyed writing this one :P