CHAPTER 19: You just made out with an imaginary being

"Hey, Coleman! Why don't you stop being a wuss and fight me here?" A loud voice booms through the long hallway we were standing in and I struggle to turn. However, I don't fail to recognize it was Caleb's.

How I did that was beyond my imagination.

"Not...not now, Anderson. I...I'm busy!" I grunt as I continue pushing this guy off me. The nerve of him. Busy? Busy trying to undress me? I wriggle my hand under his grip so I could have a direct shot at his face, but his grip was too tight. I was surely expecting a bruised wrist by the end of the night.

Caleb walks toward us, furiously, and I don't know what takes over me to shout, "Stop!". He stops in his tracks, eyebrows furrowed, probably wondering what the hell I was playing at while my life was at stake here. I suddenly feel Coleman's hand getting loose on the grip and I don't fail to take the chance as I swing it upwards, hitting somewhere between the jaw and his chin.

"What are you doing?!" I look at Caleb who was surprised at my sudden outburst.

"Ugh! I don't know. I'm just shooting in the dark here!" I shout and look down to see Coleman on the floor, unconsciousness looming over his dumb face.

"Uh...good shooting," Caleb trails off, his eyes still wide, no doubt in awe of my fighting skills. That ought to tell him to stay away from me.

"You okay?" Caleb asks as he takes a step back and signals me to go ahead. I do so as I smoothen my tee shirt and take a deep breath.

"Yeah. Yeah, I am. Didn't you see me punch the shit out of him?" Irritation takes over me as I think of how much this party sucks.

"Why did you come then?" I look at him rolling his eyes and I close my mouth before I utter something obnoxious, mentally face-palming myself for thinking out loud.

"How did you know I was here?" Caleb's face goes blank as he moves his eyes around suspiciously. I raise an eyebrow and halt in my steps.

"I asked you a question, Caleb. How did you know I was here?"

"Calm down, woman! I wanted to go to the bathroom and I just happened to see you here in the hallway." He continues looking around, not even bothering to look at me while answering. We continue walking until we reach the party area, neither of us uttering a word.

"Well, take care. I mean, stay around with your friends." He mutters before looking at me one last time and walking off. I stare at his back – not ass, come on – until he blends in with the rest of the crazy people dancing on the floor.

"Summer! I've been looking for you." Maddie and Blake walk up to me, followed by Austin and Noel closely behind them.

"I just...nothing. I was in the bathroom." I lie, not wanting Maddie to unnecessarily rant off all her motherly talk in one night. Let me save that part for her kids, alright?

Pity them, though.

"Hooked up with someone?" I glare at Blake who had a smirk on his clean-shaven face.

"Wouldn't want to spoil the night narrating the story to you, would I?" I snatch the water bottle he had in his hand and walk past him, taking a seat on one of the empty couches which didn't have any moving bodies, if you know what I mean.

"Was he hot?" Austin asks while they all take a seat next to me.

"Hotter than you. Yeah." I state as I finish off the water, my eyes zooming around the room for any signs of my brothers or Veronica or, surprisingly, Caleb.

"Congratulations, my friend. You just made out with an imaginary being from a possibly unknown vortex, you being the first girl he saw and hence, pounced on." Blake states in a matter-of-fact voice and sticks his tongue out childishly at the end. I roll my eyes and smack him at the back of his head.