CHAPTER 59: Buy a castle in England

I smoothen down the tie and brush away the imaginary dust off his blazer. Smiling widely and proudly at him, I turn him towards the mirror and loop my arm through his.

"You look great."

"Thanks. The day is finally here, isn't it?" Jason mumbles and rolls his eyes as he plays around with the tassel on his cap.

"Nervous?"

"No. Why should I be? I just have to give an easy-peasy speech as valedictorian in front of thousands of people."

"Jason."

"Fine." He sighs and sinks into his bed. "Just wishing dad was here. After that letter, I just wish he was physically present here."

I blow out a breath and sit next to him, patting his arm. "He is always going to be there. He promised. Come on, get up, lazy ass." I say while pulling his massive body up and shaking my head at his groans.

"Can I skip?"

"No. Shut your mouth now. And clean your room, please." I mutter while giving him a dirty look for the mess that is sprawled across his floor.

"You're one to talk. Have you seen yours?"

"Meh."

"Seriously, give me a break, woman. I'm packing, for god's sake."

I halt in my steps and see the half-packed trolley bag lying near his door.

He's leaving.

Jason leaves tonight for Washington and as much as I've been ignoring this moment for a few weeks, I cannot deny the pit feeling that is currently within me. Knowing I only have today with him makes me want to throw away his bags and tell him to stay here until it's my time to leave for college but we both know I cannot do that. I cannot stop him from following his path, as dad wanted him to.

"Summer, please. Save this for later, please. I don't want to ruin my shirt with your tears."

"Asshole. Let's go now." I say and chuckle, pulling him out of the room. "Aaron, Draven, hurry the fuck up!"

"You could have at least given me time to groom my hair," Aaron mutters whilst coming out of the bathroom and glaring at us.

"Dude, it's my day. Not yours."

"So?"

"Whatever, idiots. Can we hurry up now? Draven! It is not your goddamn wedding!" I shout as I grab the keys from the wicker bowl on the counter and toss them to Jason.

"You're not coming with us?"

"I actually-

"Of course the Jones family ought to be shouting early morning." I turn at Caleb's voice as he shakes his head and enters the house.

"Right. Your boyfriend. How romantic." Jason says dryly and I swat his arm as Caleb places a kiss on my forehead.

"Y'all ready?" Caleb questions, staring at all of us and quirks his lip up probably in realization that Draven is missing.

"Draven! Hurry-

"Stop hollering. I'm here. Let's roll."

Dressed in a simple dress shirt and some pants, Draven plucks his phone out of the charger pin and gets out the door without even batting an eyelash at us.

"What's with him early morning?"

"Whatever it is every damn day."

I get the house keys and usher everyone out as I lock the door. Caleb and I walk towards his shitty Ford – Maddie sure was right by the way – and my brothers get into theirs.