CHAPTER 56: Grumpier than Grumpy the dwarf

Really long chapter to make up for the late update :) Thank you for 30K reads!! Ahh! Your votes and comments really make my day and it's hard to believe I've even reached here. IALHR is almost over and I guess only 3-4 chapters are remaining 😭😭. Thank you again for all your love! ♥

***

After having a continuous series of bad days and nights, it even feels uncanny having a good, normal day. It feels like I've been on a damn boat for weeks and now, the strong urge to kiss the ground once I finally put a step on it overpowers me. I reckon that it is a paradoxical effect I'm undergoing since the past few weeks have not been easy-going at all. It was practically a domino effect of bad luck. Veronica's sham with Jason, him being kicked out of the soccer team, finding out that Coach was in cahoots with her and last but by far not the least, the arrival of the woman who gave birth to me.

I still have no place for her as a goddamn mother because she does not deserve to be one.

Speaking of Veronica, I have no updates on her situation with the principal, plus I did not see her due to my days spent at home, courtesy of my suspension. I wonder what happened to her but I push away her thoughts because I fear she might just jinx my brain as well and suddenly appear in front of me, instantly managing to ruin my day.

Moving on from that, I decided to be a fresh daisy today morning just for the fun for it. After all, it would not hurt to be normal one morning and not be all 'grumpier than Grumpy the dwarf' – Maddie's words not mine.

I traipse down the stairs alongside Maddie, walking towards the canteen where the general population is currently headed for a lunch break. As usual, we meet up with the rest of the boys at their table. It took some time for the rest of the students to actually accept the fact that the two weird girls who are always eating and sitting alone, are in fact very good friends with the hot soccer stars of the team.

Well, they are hot according to them. Not me.

Yeah, I only find one hot.

My cheeks heat up as soon as the thought flashes through my mind and his grin directed at me worsens my situation. I sit next to him and push my bag on the table.

"How are you? You didn't text me that day." He expresses and I bite my tongue, mentally slapping myself for not contacting him at all this weekend. After talking to Jason, Draven, and Aaron, we spent quite some time discussing talking things over with a lawyer who used to be good friends with dad. In fact, he also helped us out after dad passed away and I don't think anyone else would be familiar with the trust fund left for us. Draven volunteered to go down for a talk since Jason has a lot of pending work on his shoulders in school.

Sporting on a placating expression, I smile. "Sorry. I forgot. Too many things in my head."

"Well, that's okay. I wanted to actually ask you something."

"What about?"

"How would you-

"Hey, Caleb." Shawn cuts Caleb off and he groans, rolling his eyes and turning his head towards him. "Did you or did you not tell me that when you are asking out a girl you should try smirking and touching her arm?"

I widen my eyes and furrow my eyebrows at Caleb, crossing my arms. Is that so?

"What? Dude, why would I say that?"

"That was me, moron." Blake pipes up, popping the lid off his Coke bottle and taking a swig of it. Shawn gasps and hits his arm, effectively spilling his drink on his...pants.

Ahem.

"What the fuck?" Blake exclaims, standing up and showcasing his wet pants.

"I am never taking tips from you again! You totally ruined my chances with Anna." Shawn pouts and ignores the fact that he just landed Blake in a really terrible situation, one that preferably no guy would like to get in, especially in public.