CHAPTER 41: I don't think I am ever going to get my breath back

My mind feels like it is being bludgeoned repeatedly and I wince at the bright light shining directly on my eyes. My eyes slowly flutter open and I see two figures staring at me.

"Ah!"

"Ahh!"

The three of us scream and I cover myself with the blanket covering my half-naked body.

"What the hell are you doing home?" Draven exclaims, hastily handing me a glass of water. I down it quickly and pant.

"I live here, you goof."

"No need to be all snarky, princess." I glare at him as soon as the words leave his mouth, kicking my sheets off and almost lunging at him.

"You! Don't even talk to me. This is what you two have been doing?" I say furiously while Draven struggles to keep a hold on my wild side. I don't acknowledge whether it is really my anger and shock mixed or the alcohol's influence in my system but seeing my brother playing tonsil tennis with none other than Austin Woods, obviously tends to bring this side out of me.

"Calm down, drama queen. Stop making this a big deal." Austin says while dismissing a wave.

"A big deal?! How long has...this being going for?" I push away Draven and stand near the bed, crossing my arms over my chest.

Draven and Austin look at each other and then pretend to be thinking about it. "A few weeks now."

"A few weeks? And you did not think about telling anyone?" My hands involuntarily fly and bounce back to my hips. I rub my forehead and move past the two guilty boys in my room.

"Look, this is not something that is supposed to be spread like wildfire and you very well know that," I turn to listen to Draven and he runs a hand through his messy locks, "but you need to understand that it was not easy acknowledging these feelings. You can't just expect us to finally realize a huge part of our lives and then drop the bomb on you guys before we ourselves have settled down with it." He sighs and plops down on my bed with his head hanging low.

I sigh loudly, leaning near my window, observing the street lights illuminating the motionless road. Draven and Austin...together. It is obviously a big deal for all of us. Especially them. I do reckon that this indeed is a huge part of their lives – their sexuality, for god's sake. But finding out like this...definitely took the air out of my lungs. I suddenly scoff at my reaction and decide to explain myself for acting like such an overreacting fool. The exhaustion, the amount of feelings and the shock must have rendered my consciousness weak and inept.

"Don't say what I think you're about to say..." Draven stands up slowly, his thick eyebrows furrowed.

"I won't. Sorry for how I reacted back there."

"Sorry is one word you and I never say, sis." He smirks at me and I flip the bird at him as Austin puts a hand over his shoulder.

"I know. You better appreciate this. I'm happy for you guys."

"I do. And no need to apologize. My handsome boyfriend and I tend to leave a lot of people gobsmacked." Austin grins at this and puts an arm around Draven's huge body, pulling him closer.

"Ugh. At least cut it out in front of me. I don't want to witness anything my pure eyes can't take." I put both hands over my eyes and navigate myself out of the room. I get my phone before I realize those two are supposed to get out of my room. I quickly walk back to the room just in time to see them kiss again.

"No, no, no. No playing kissy in my goddamn room! Get out!" I pull Austin away and shove him out of my room, Draven shortly following while chuckling to himself.