CHAPTER 50: Evil Stepmother 2.0

Two weeks.

Two fucking weeks since I saw this school and the irksome people in it. As much as I did not want to enter the halls, my grades are unfortunately frowned upon by many, including Maddie, so that means I have to spend a ridiculous amount of time working on improving them.

Speaking of, if I see Maddie right now, she will definitely be with Shawn, Blake, and Noel. Which ultimately leads me to...

Ding! Ding!

The handsome knucklehead himself.

I take a detour from the hallways and get out from the back exit. My class is in a completely different block, luckily, so I could take the long route by taking the soccer field route. Ugh. That brings back a lot of nasty things I so don't want to remember. My hands clench as I turn to see the spot where I created a scene in front of the entire team.

Stupid Caleb. Stupid Coach. Stupid school.

And let me not even get started on the root of this entire fiasco. That girl will burn in hell. The extent to which Veronica West can antagonize me is immeasurable and she better run for her life the next time she sees me. I hope my boxing landed her in the hospital.

Damn. All this anger is turning me into Evil Stepmother 2.0.

Amidst my sadistic thoughts of the people who hurt me, a hand unexpectedly grips my wrist and pulls me, making me take a sharp turn and bump into the stone-walled back of the person dragging me.

Caleb's head whips towards me, his eyes holding desperation, and he continues dragging me to the girls' locker room.

"Caleb, what the hell?" I yelp, pushing myself back in order to resist his powerful drag but he is too strong for me and in a few seconds, we are already in the locker room. My tatty shoes scrape against the porcelain mosaic floor as I keep yelling at Caleb and struggling against his hold on me.

Bemused but still super furious at his sudden caveman actions, I break away from his grip, hurting my wrist in the process. I hiss in anger and grab him by his collar, shoving him near the wall. He grunts and stares at me, wide-eyed.

"As much as...I love this position, I really need to talk to you." He speaks out, hints of amusement clear in his eyes. My jaw clenches at his words and I shoot him an icy glare, watching his expression change from amusing to astonished and...hurt?

Ironic, no?

I step away from him and, whilst maintaining my glare, punch his shoulder.

"Listen to me, Summer." He calmly speaks.

"No! What the hell was this, Caleb?"

"You would not listen to me any other way!"

"So you kidnap me?"

"Oh, quit being a baby." He huffs and I swallow at his hurtful words. I turn away from him, suddenly remembering our alone moments together. I close my eyes and bite my lip to stop the emotions from tumbling out one by one. No amount of wheedling from his side will get me to believe any of the lies he is planning on feeding me today.

"I'm...sorry."

"I wish I could believe you." I scoff at his fake apology, turning back to glare at him again.

"You have to. What you did that day was not acceptable. That was not fair, Summer, and you know that."

"You're telling me what's acceptable? Wow. Shall I tell you what was not acceptable? The fact that you lied to me over and over again, Caleb! The fact that you would stoop so low to just win some stupid captainship of the team." I sigh as my lip begins to quiver and I lean forward and whisper lightly. "And the fact that you toyed with my feelings."