CHAPTER 31: Remind me to kick the ball at his skull

"Watch the fuck where you're going," I grunt and pick my Adidas bag from the floor before glaring at the random boy I just bumped into.

"Sorry, I wasn't watching. My bad." He smiles and I'm almost fazed by it until my mood becomes bitchy again.

"Next time, do watch." I turn around before widening my eyes and quickly calling out to him.

"Wait! Are you from Silver Crown high?" I look him up and down and judging from the different colored jersey, I deduce he is one of them.

"Yeah. Uh... just a student from there to cheer them on."

"Right. Thought you are playing." I mutter before slinging back my bag on my back.

"Are you?"

"Actually, yes."

"So, you're the unheard girl who's rumored to be playing." He places his hands in his pockets and looks at me with a weird look.

"Nuh-uh. Not a rumor. Fact." I say while crossing my arms in defense.

"See you on the field, fighter girl."

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

Shaking my head at the bizarre conversation I just had with the guy, I continue speed-walking toward the coach's main office which was a few meters away from the field. Apparently, he wanted to give us a motivating speech before going out to play.

I halt in tracks as I spot Caleb walking toward me. He looks up from his phone and also stops walking as he sees me probably staring at him like he's a freaking meal.

In those shorts, he is.

Eliminate those thoughts, stupid person. I won't deny his perfect look that is marked by his shorts and sleeveless jersey which exposed the delicious biceps and broad shoulders. His dark hair was slightly pushed back from the side but the rest of it is messy as if he's been playing around with it for long.

I ignore the tight swelling in my chest as I decide on just walking by him but it seems like he has other plans as he pulls me into him and I gasp at the impact on my nose.

Bloody rock hard chest.

I narrow my eyes at him but I'm immediately captivated by his equally narrowed eyes at him. His fierce and stormy grey eyes penetrate through me and for a moment I almost forget that I'm not talking to him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He growls and my goodness. Forgive me, heart, because I'm saying it's the most seductive voice I've ever heard in my entire life. Reality hits me like a truck as I realize his unspoken anger at me and I glare back at him.

"Is this your father's hallway?"

Before I can register what the fuck is happening, he slams me into the lockers nearby and corners me with both his hulk-like arms. I grunt at my head slightly been hit and I try to attack him with my hands but he holds them both with his one hand.

How is he stronger than me?!

Right, I forgot. He is way fit than me.

"Caleb, the fuck has gotten into you?!" I try to push him off but he just doesn't budge.

"Why are-

I kick his shinbone with my left leg and he flinches slightly but he loses his balance anyway and drags me down with him. The top half of my body lies on him as we both groan at the hard fall. He looks at me with an unreadable expression and I'm awestruck by the genuine look on his face. It is... real.

Nothing like I've ever seen on anybody else's face.

Then again, this boy has weird control over me that makes me think he is actually incomparable to anyone on this planet.