-3- The Meeting

I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. A minute later, a middle aged woman around my height with an amazing figure and flawless shoulder length blonde hair opened the door.

"Hi, you must be Lexi, right? My name's Madison Griffiths." Her smile showed off perfectly straight shining pearly whites that made me jealous of how amazing she looked.

"Yeah, did my mum tell you she forwarded your email to me?" I smiled sheepishly at the beautiful woman in front of me.

"She did, I know the email lacked detail about the job but I'm glad you cared enough to find out, I can't say anyone else cared about finding out so thank you so much."

"That's alright. In all honesty I am willing to do whatever the job is that needs to be done, I didn't need any details. Your place is close to mine and is easily accessible for me to be here whenever I'm needed, even at short notice. Just let me know what you need me to do."

"Woah. Okay. Thank you so much Lexi. When would you be able to start?" This is it. I can have this job and get money to get away from this place for a while and I can escape my home a lot more than I do as it is.

"When do you want me to?"

"Well I have a meeting today so would it be possible if you could start, I don't know, now?"

"Of course I can. But I think the details would be needed." She laughed at my attempt of a joke.

"Well I think it's time you come in then," she led me into her home and offered me a seat on one of the two sofas, "All I will need you to do is help around the house. Basically, I'm a full time working mother. I have 3 kids and I need help around the house and looking after my two youngest. You may want to ask about my eldest but he's your age and is always busy with training and he can't exactly take the kids with him everywhere that he goes. All you need to do is babysit the kids, do the normal things that I would do such as picking them up from school, making them food and possibly putting them to bed if I'm not home by then. Would that be okay?"

"That's more than okay. Thank you so much and I will do my best to be of any help for you. It must be hard to juggle all of the house work and full time work as well as looking after the kids, let alone a teenager. What time do they need to be picked up today?"

"Around 3:15. In the school in the middle of the village. Do you know it?"

"I used to go there and my grandparents live across the road from there. I know the timings of their breaks and lunch too, and the teachers."

"Right. Thank you again Lexi. It really means a great deal to me. My meeting starts at 2:30 so I'll be heading off now. I'll see you when I get back later. Oh and here's my number in case you need anything." She hands me a slip of paper with all contact details, her mobile, the house phone, her work number and her email address and a key for the house. Before leaving she turns to tell me to go into the office of the school 10 minutes before the school is about to end as the kids will be there ready to meet their new babysitter. When she has left I sit and wait on the sofa on edge thinking about what the kids could be like. What if they are reincarnations of Lucifer himself? Will they behave for me? I get into my car, connect my phone to the aux lead and turn a child friendly playlist on shuffle. The first song to play is Thunderbirds Are Go by Busted, one of my all-time favourites. I reach the school before the song has finished, I pause the music and unplug my phone before making my way into the office 5 minutes early. The head teacher, Mrs. Evans, recognises me instantly and smiles a wide, toothy grin.

"Oh my, Lexi! How are you doing? Will you be volunteering here again?"

"Hi Mrs. Evans," I return the smile with a light giggle at her enthusiasm, "I'm sorry but that's a no. I'm here to pick up Miss Griffiths' children, I'm their new babysitter as of about half an hour ago."

She laughs in response before walking towards the receptionist's office. Before I know it she's back in front of me grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"I've asked Chelly to ring their classes to let them out early so they can come and meet you. Madison rang me earlier to say someone would be coming to get them. At first I thought it would be Daniel, her eldest, but it's so great to see you again." A few seconds later a stunning young girl walks over to us and waits a few metres away before an older looking boy comes through the doors on the other side of the corridor. She runs over to him before walking sheepishly behind him trying to hide from Mrs. Evans and me.

"Taylor, Aidan, this here is Lexi. Your mum rang me earlier to let me know she's here to pick you up. She's going to be your new babysitter. Don't worry Taylor, Lexi is a lovely girl and will take good care of you both." I crouch down so I'm balancing on my feet a little awkwardly.

"Hi, I'm Lexi. I'm sorry if this is all sudden, I know I must seem scary right now huh?" Aidan shakes his head from side to side laughing as Taylor tugs on his arm. He leans his ear towards her before listening to her question and then whispering something back. I stand back up and mouth a 'thank you' to Mrs. Evans. She excuses herself before leaving for a meeting.

"Um...Lexi?" Aidan holds his sister's hand and walks over to me.

"Yes Aidan?"

"Do you have a car?"

"I do, should we go now? If you want to then I'll let you two have control over the music on the way back?" I offer out my hand and to my surprise Taylor is the one to take it. She looks up at me nodding her head with the biggest smile I had ever seen. I smile back and hold the door open for the kids. Taylor starts to skip in order to keep up with the size of my steps compared to hers. It doesn't take long before we make it to my car. I open the passenger door and pull the seat forward to let Taylor climb into the back seat. She puts her seatbelt on with ease. I put the seat back to its original position and let Aidan do the same. I walk over to the other side of the car and get in. Before pulling out of the parking space I hand my phone, with the aux lead in, over to Aidan. He bursts into laughter moments later making me jump.

"Oh. My. Gosh. Do you seriously have a Disney playlist? How old are you?" I feel my cheeks begin to heat up before laughing along with him. With a quick glance in the mirror I notice Taylor giggling along with us.

"What's wrong with that? Everyone loves a bit of Disney don't they? What do you think Taylor?"

"I think you should put that playlist on. Come on Aid! Pweasee?" Aidan takes a look back to Taylor's seat before sighing in defeat and pressing the shuffle button. I instantly recognise the intro music and get ready to start belting out the lyrics. Aidan notices my behaviour and puts his hands over his ears, causing a giggle from Taylor.

"Tell everybody I'm on my way. New friends and new places to see. With blue skies ahead, yes I'm on my way. And there's nowhere else that I'd rather be. Tell everybody I'm on my way. And I'm loving every step I take. With the sun beating down, yes I'm on my way. And I can't keep this smile off my face." I jiggle in my seat in time with the music as I sing as loud as I can. I look over to Aidan and put on my biggest cheesy smile. Taylor sings the rest of the song with me while Aidan cracks up with laughter and claps his hands to the beat.

"NEXT!" Taylor shouts. The music to Immortals by Fall Out Boy starts to play and Aidan seems to cheer up a little. I could really get used to this. I have no idea why I was so nervous to begin with.

"They say we are what we are but we don't have to be. I'm bad behaviour but I do it in the best way. I'll be the watcher of the eternal flame. I'll be the guard dog of all you fever dreams." Aidan starts to sing with me from the start of the song. Taylor looks confused, my guess is she hasn't seen Big Hero 6 yet. We get back to the house within minutes but Aidan wants to finish the song before we go inside. On the last chorus I let Aidan sing on his own.

"We could carry this on inside if you wanted to? I don't mind." They both nod eagerly and we make our way out of the car and inside the house.