-12- Karaoke Nights and Small Frights

School was just a boring normal day, IT went undisturbed for once and psychology was the same as usual. I look at the time and see that it's almost 6 p.m. and decide it's about time that I get changed. I find a black skater dress which has the top half as leather and rest a flowing skirt. I decide to wear that with thin black tights and my Chelsea boot heels. I make my way out to my car before picking up Lyla and Mel and making our way to the social. Lyla is wearing a white laced halter neck crop top with a black skirt (similar to the bottom of my dress) and Mel is wearing a black Herve Leger Ari Woodgrain dress.

As we get into the social I notice the oh-so familiar group of boys by the bar. I drag the girls along to the bar with me to order our drinks. With me being the designated driver, I stick to my usual Diet Coke. We wait for the karaoke to be set up before the room gets a lot more crowded.

"You look different today Lex. Making an effort I see?" I turn around and internally groan at the sight of Kyle. I try to walk away with the girls but he holds my arm back.

"Don't walk away from me Lexi. You should know better than that. But seriously, who's all of this for?" he looks me up and down before turning his nose up in disgust.

"Does it really matter to you? Are you jealous that I'm making an effort now that there is someone who might actually appreciate it?" His eyes widen in shock at my response. I take my chance to pull my arm away and manage to make it over to the girls.

"Is he seriously still bothering you?" The girls look at me quizzically. I nod but stay silent.

"We came up with a plan if you're up for it?" Mel pipes up before realising I was waiting for her to carry on with the plan. "Well seeing as Nate is busy tonight we can do a girly song. I think you know what one I'm thinking of." I smile and nod, full knowing their plan.

It comes to our turn to sing, we all nod to each other before waiting for the music to start. Lyla nudges me slightly to tell me to go first so they won't have to.

"Right now he's probably slow dancing with a bleached-blonde tramp and she's probably getting frisky. Right now, he's probably buying her some fruity little drink 'cause she can't shoot whiskey. Right now, he's probably up behind her with a pool stick showing her how to shoot a combo. And he don't know." I start off the song, letting either of the girls take the chorus.

"That I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped-up four wheel drive, carved my name into his leather seats. I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights, slashed a hole in all four tires. Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats." Lyla takes the easy option and sings the chorus.

"Right now she's probably up singing some white-trash version of Shania karaoke. Right now, she's probably saying "I'm drunk" and he's thinking that he's guna get lucky. Right now, he's probably dabbing on three dollars' worth of that bathroom polo...Oh and he don't know..." I do the second verse knowing that the girls won't have the confidence to go for the high note.

"That I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped-up four wheel drive, carved my name into his leather seats. I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights, slashed a hole in all four tires. Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats." Mel sings this chorus, leading up to the bridge.

"I might've saved a little trouble for the next girl. Because the next time that he cheats. Oh, you know it won't be on me. No...not on me."

"'Cause I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped-up four wheel drive, carved my name into his leather seats. I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights, slashed a hole in all four tires. Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats. Oh, maybe next time he'll think before he cheats." We all join together and finish the song before jumping off the stage to head back to where we were stood beforehand. Next thing I knew I had arms wrapped around my shoulders leaning me side to side.

"That was GREAT girls. You nailed it." I realise that I wasn't the only one with a guy's arms wrapped around my shoulders, the girls do too. Lyla has Josh, Mel has Tyler, and I have...oh shit, Daniel.

"Danny Boy, will you be doing any songs tonight then?" He glares at me for using the nickname in front of other people while the others look at me like a said something horrific.

"Well I was planning on it but now I'm not so sure I can live up to those standards you just set. Plus, I think you need to stop using that name so carelessly." He whispered the last part so only I could hear it. I smiled sweetly before unclasping his arms and turning around to push him towards the stage. He shook his head from side to side while trying to hide his grin. He got up on stage, told the music man his song and the music began to play.

"Roll in the bar, me and my crew. Their little plan to get me over you. They're hooking me up, yeah, buying me drinks with a thousand girls. There's just one thing..."

"I can't go anywhere. I can't do anything. No I can't close my eyes without you in my dreams. You won't leave me alone. Even though I know you're gone, I look around for someone new. But I see you."

"Jumping up there with the band. Taking me by the hand. Hey boy, come dance with me. Stuck like a melody in my head, in the bed of my truck, by the light of the midnight moon. Baby, I see you."

"Don't know what you did, but you done it good. You don't know how bad, that I wish I could delete you from my phone, find a girl and take her home. But there's just one thing wrong..."

"I can't go anywhere. I can't do anything. No I can't close my eyes without you in my dreams. You won't leave me alone. Even though I know you're gone, I look around for someone new. But I see you."

"Jumping up there with the band. Taking me by the hand. Hey boy, come dance with me. Stuck like a melody in my head, in the bed of my stuck, by the light of the midnight moon. Baby, I see you."

"Your lips, your eyes. Girl since you told me goodbye."

"I can't go anywhere. I can't do anything. No I can't close my eyes without you in my dreams. You won't leave me alone. Even though I know you're gone, I look around for someone new. But I see you."

"Jumping up there with the band. Taking me by the hand. Hey boy, come dance with me. Stuck like a melody in my head, in the bed of my truck, by the light of the midnight moon. Baby, I see you. Baby, I see you. Baby, I see you."

As he finishes his song his eyes lock onto mine before he sends me a genuine, happy smile. I felt something warm up inside of me that made me return his smile as he returns back to stand with the rest of us. I quickly remind myself not to get attached, in the slightest. It'll turn out just like the rest.