-24- We've Got This

"Remember the moment you left me alone and broke every promise you ever made. I was an ocean, lost in the open. Nothing could take away the pain." Bring Me The Horizon's Throne starts playing on my phone indicating it is time to wake up. I feel something warm wrapped around my waist. I feel around my waist to find an arm draped over my side. Turning over I see Daniel next to me, fast asleep. I start to move to turn my alarm off but he pulls me in tighter to him.

"Five more minutes, please." Daniel whispers.

"Can I at least turn the alarm off?" Daniel groans but lifts his arm up to let me off the sofa-bed. I reach for my phone and turn the alarm off. Just as I'm about to get off the bed I hear movement from the other side of it.

"You know I meant five more minutes of cuddling you, not five more on my own."

"Sorry, I'm just not used to being responsible for getting two kids up and ready for school as well as me. Luckily, I don't actually have to go in today though." I felt two arms wrap around my waist and pull me back towards the top of the bed. After a few failed attempts at escaping his grip I sigh in defeat.

"Ok, fine. Just five minutes alright?" The five minutes pass by faster than I hoped for.

"Right that's is, got to go get the kids up. Now I can let you fall back asleep and leave you here vulnerable for attack from the kids or you can help me by waking Aidan up." I flash my best puppy-dog eyes. He reluctantly gets off the bed and walks upstairs like a zombie.

I make my way to the bathroom to quickly get changed into some jeans and a jumper. Once I'm dressed I make my way to Taylor's room where she's already awake and being tickled like mad by Daniel. Smiling to myself, I make my way to the kitchen to get started on some breakfast. I unlock my phone and open up the Apple Music application before clicking on one of my playlists and clicking 'Shuffle'.

"Baby lock the door and turn the lights down low. Put some music on that's soft and slow. Baby we ain't got no place to go. I hope you understand."

"I've been thinking 'bout this all day long. Never felt a feeling quite this strong. I can't believe how much it turns me on, just to be your man."

"There's no hurry, don't you worry. We can take our time. Come a little closer. Let's go over what I have in mind."

"Baby lock the door and turn the lights down low. Put some music on that's soft and slow. Baby we ain't got no place to go. I hope you understand."

"I've been thinking 'bout this all day long. Never felt a feeling quite this strong. I can't believe how much it turns me on, just to be your man." As the guitar solo starts playing I dance across the room subtly while singing along to Josh Turner.

"Ain't nobody ever love nobody the way that I love you? We're alone now, you don't know how long I've wanted to..." I make my way back to the hob to try and flip the pancakes I'm making.

"Lock the door and turn the lights down low. Put some music on that's soft and slow. Baby we ain't got no place to go. I hope you understand."

"I've been thinking 'bout this all day long. Never felt a feeling that was quite this strong. I can't believe how much it turns me on, just to be your man. I can't believe how much it turns me on, just to be your man."

As the song comes to an end I hear some chuckling coming from the doorway, mainly Daniel's.

"I never knew your voice could be so deep." I hear Daniel cackle. I look towards him and notice he's pretending to cover the kids' ears to protect them from my low voice. I roll my eyes and turn my focus back onto the pancakes.