-9- Bad News? Probably.

6:30 a.m. "Keep you in the dark, you know they all pretend, keep you in the dark and so it all began..." The Pretender by Foo Fighters begins to burst through my speakers. I did my usual getting dressed routine before making my way downstairs. I finally got a moment to check my phone only to find a notification off the one and only Daniel. I put my phone back into my bag before heading out to pick Lyla up early so she won't have to walk to the bus stop. When I get there she runs straight out to my car.

"Come on girl, get going already, it's too cold."

"Seriously? You're complaining to the person who loves the cold, about the cold, all the while knowing what my way of looking at it is?" Her face drops before smiling sweetly knowing that the way I see things, the colder it is the more clothes/layers you can wear to keep warm but the warmer it is there's only a certain level you can take it to that is socially acceptable. I do worry about her sometimes, well, all the time. We make our way into school like normal before heading up to the study room for a free first lesson. We spend an hour listening to songs that we could possibly do tomorrow for karaoke night at the social. When the bell rings we make our way to second lesson, which we have together, careers. As we walk into the room I notice the cluster of guys that I see almost every day in IT lessons at the far right of the class. Lyla drags me to the back left corner of the room to sit on a double desk together. As we've already finished the work for careers me and Lyla decide to watch a range of different YouTube videos.

Soon enough the lesson has already finished and we're making our way out of the classroom. We walk back upstairs towards the study room until Lyla says she needs to go to the toilet so goes through the common room to get to them. I wait by the door for her as the popular group walk past me, the ones who know me offering a smile as they walk in. The last one to walk in had to be Daniel.

"Did you ignore me this morning?" His narrow eyes start to burn a hole through my phone in my hands as my eyes start darting around everywhere, but him. I shook my head pretending as though I hadn't seen the notification.

"Hmm...okay, well are you babysitting Aid and Tay la-" He had a hopeless look to his face as I noticed his attention had turned to a coughing Lyla making her way back to the door. She soon reaches me, loops her arm through mine and drags me toward the study room. I look back to see Daniel already gone from sight. After another 20 minutes of listening to music with the girls we all make our way to our separate form groups. After form I make my way to IT with Dixon with Tyler and Josh.

"So Lex, will we be right to expect you at the social tomorrow night?" I looked to Josh who was peering at me with his lively eyes.

"I think that's a yes. Guessing I should expect to see you two there too?"

"Hmm...maybe." Tyler's dancing eyes make it obvious that he's only trying to tease me.

"Well don't be afraid to say hi this time, at least then I know you're there so you won't blindside me on the way to IT, you two really are bad news." I laugh with them both as we make our way into the class, earning a few stares from other students. I stop instantly as I feel steely blue eyes make their way to my direction. I walk to my chair and put my headphones in, just like usual. A light buzzing on the table caused my attention to be drawn away from the computer screen.

From: Daniel | 11:18 a.m.

Your friend can't drag my text away too can she?

I quietly giggle at the text on the screen.

To: Daniel | 11:19 a.m.

Nope, unfortunately that's not in her list of skills. To answer your question, yes I'm babysitting tonight. Do you have training?

From: Daniel | 11:19 a.m.

Nope, not on a Wednesday. I can look after the kids, you don't need to.

Here I was stupidly thinking I was getting somewhere with Daniel. Feeling deflated I put my phone back on the table without replying. I get caught up in my work that only when I want to change the song playing on my phone I find 3 notifications, all off Daniel.

From: Daniel | 11:37 a.m.

I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that you won't have to deal with them today, you can have a break.

From: Daniel | 11:43 a.m.

Shit. Lexi, I really didn't mean it like that.

From: Daniel | 12:06 p.m.

If you are still babysitting but have a last lesson then don't rush, I'll pick them up from school to give you time to go home and change if you want to.

After packing up my things and putting my bag on my shoulder, ready to leave, I grab my phone and decide to reply.

To: Daniel | 12:09 p.m.

Calm down Danny Boy. I got caught up with my work. Which, by the way, is what you should've been doing too. I think I know what you meant by the message but don't worry about it. If you're sure about picking them up then that sounds great, thank you. Hopefully I won't run into any innocent bystanders on my way out of school this time J

Feeling satisfied with my reply I head up to the study room to stay until last lesson, psychology. The lesson goes as usual. I don't rush as much as yesterday thanks to Daniel. I make my way to my car in a reasonable time before heading home to change. I but on some black leather jeans and a white blouse style vest.