-21- Moving In

"Look at the stars, look how they shine for you..." I wake up to the sound of Coldplay Yellow ringing from my phone. I get ready to go and meet Madison before she leaves for her trip. I grab my duffel bag, handbag and keys and make my way out of the house. Luckily, no one else is home so I leave a note for my mum to say I'll be helping Madison for a few days and I will text her when I can.

I place the duffel bag in the backseats of my car before getting in the driver's seat and making my way over to Madison's. I see the all too familiar house as I park my car and make my way over to the door before knocking.

"Oh, you're here. Mum's in the kitchen." Daniel greets me with a smile.

"Oh, how formal of you Daniel." I wink back at him as I squeeze past him through the door.

"Hey Madison, I'm here. Dan let me in." I pop my head around the doorway to the kitchen while Madison is frantically going through the cupboards.

"Oh. Hey Lexi, sorry about the mess. I just wanted to make sure that I had enough food for you and the kids."

"That's alright. No need to worry though, if we get low on foods then either Daniel can go and grab some more or I can." I smile and start to help her put more food in the cupboards. A short while later she offers me a glass of water as we sit at the table in the kitchen.

"Thank you for doing this for me, I really appreciate it. Here is my itinerary for this trip so you can contact me anytime that it doesn't say 'Meeting', unless there's an emergency obviously." She hands me a piece of paper.

"I'm sure we'll be fine between the 4 of us." I offer a kind smile.

"Ok so I just wanted to go over some more details with you about what's happening, if that's ok with you?" I nod to let her continue.

"Alright. Well as you know, I'll be away for 4 nights, including tonight, and will be back on Sunday. I was hoping you would be able stay here on those nights to help look after the kids while Dan might be busy with practice. I've let Dan know that you are both welcome to have friends over on Saturday for a little get-together as such if you wanted to, just let each other know your plans." I nod along with what she is saying, smiling at the emphasis she put into the word 'both'.

"Thank you, and yes, Dan said about needing me to stay overnight while you were away so I have some clothes in my car ready."

"That's great. Now then, sleeping arrangements. You're welcome to stay in my room, don't worry I've put fresh sheets on, or there's the sofa bed. You could put up a blow-up bed in any of the rooms you like if that's what you'd prefer, I don't know, just please make yourself comfortable." I laugh along as she rambles about where I can sleep.

"I'll probably just take the sofa bed, it's comfy enough as it is, let alone as a bed." I smile and Madison giggles at what I said.

Madison gets ready to leave a little while later and it's nearing the time to pick the kids up from school. When Madison leaves, I sit in the kitchen alone, scrolling through my phone. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and towards the kitchen.

"Hey, so you're staying right?" Dan seems more hesitant and shy than usual.

"Yeah, I'll be going to get the kids soon though. What do you want for tea?"

"Oh it's alright, I can go get them and let you settle in. I'll order a takeaway for the kids too just to ease them into the fact that mum's away for a few days." I nod to his suggestion, almost giggling.

"If you're sure? Thank you." He nods and goes to leave the room before stopping and hesitating to say something.

"Hey Lex, can I ask you something?"

"Of course you can, what's up?"

"What happened the other night at the social? I saw the bruise on your side, the look on the girls' faces and the look you had when you came back into the bar. I didn't know whether to say anything but please know you can tell me ok?"

"It's nothing to worry about Danny Boy," I smile at how shy he's being, "I know I can tell you and I will, I just need a little bit of time first." He walks behind me and wraps his arms around my body as I relax into them and smile to myself.

"I'll be back soon, just going to get the monkeys. Wish me luck." He pulls away from the hug and walks out of the kitchen. Just a second later his head it peeking around the doorframe.

"Oh and before I forget to ask, any suggestions on what to listen to in the car with them?"

"For Tay, ANYTHING Disney. For Aidan, I'd say maybe some Fall Out Boy based on his reaction to when Immortals played the first time I picked them up." He nods and gets his phone out ready before leaving the kitchen, for real this time. I hear the front door close and I make my way to my car to get the duffel bag out of it.

I hear footsteps making their way towards me before I feel pressure on my bruised side.

"What the hell is this note about and why have you got a packed bag?" Of course he'd look here. A shiver runs up my spine as I recognise the voice instantly.