No one is alone (made me cry)

I have another chapter in the works, at the time of writing this, it is 1:07 in the morning, I was listening to the soundtrack after watching 'Into the Woods' about five times and got inspired. Warning: The very thought of this chapter is making me tear up, so good luck and remember to follow my Instagram to choose the next chapters. Enjoy xxx

Reginald Hargreeves pov

The crumple of the newspaper in my hands echoed through the empty silence of my study, I needed to find out what was happening. I sighed, sightings of extraordinary abilities were being reported in wooded areas, just outside of the city. I had an extensive amount of evidence to believe that those abilities belonged to children similar to my own Umbrella Academy. 

I say 'children', because I believed there were more than one. In fact I was sure of it. Underneath my desk, I pressed down on the small, red button, alerting the children to meet with me downstairs in the main room. Grace was waiting for me outside of my study, holding the other news articles written about the sightings. There had been hundreds in the last few months. Either the children hadn't been there long, or they had just started getting skittish.

Notices from stores and homes near those wooded areas, claimed that they have been robbed. Other people have reported pick-pocketing and yet no valuables were taken, only money and food. The children in the woods had no use for watches or music or jewellery, they needed money for food, clothes and healthcare. Looking over the rest of the papers, I realised the Academy would have to be stealthy and probably compassionate towards the children.

I had no idea how old they were, whether they were male, female or even how many of them there were. I had no knowledge of their abilities other than the basics. One child had the ability to bend objects, people's bodies and even their minds to their own will. Another can cause mass distraction, gusts of wind caused by seemingly nothing, therefore making it easier for the other to pull off mass theft. Not aware of their backgrounds or situations, the Academy must be safe and caring towards the powered beings.

As I entered the main room, the children were all sat and prepared to listen to their new mission. "Children," I began, "as you may know, there have been sightings of children similar to yourselves, outside the city." I explained, the children nodding along with what I was saying. That was when I noticed a slight problem. "However, as much as it would be easier for you all to divide and search more ground, I need there to be less of you in order to make the children in the forest more comfortable." I added further exposition. 

At once, half of the children were up on their feet and shouting over who would find the forest specials. The other half that were sat keeping quiet were Numbers Four, Five and Six. I had hardly any problems with sending Number Five on this mission, he was probably the best of the Academy, he was focused and had complete control over his abilities. On the other hand, he wasn't known to be caring or relatable, Number Four, whilst rather... unmotivated, could ease others fairly easily with his idiocy. Number Six is one of the single kindest people I knew of. These three together could be perfect for this mission.

I raised my hand in the air, immediately silencing the three bickering children. "I have come to the decision," I stated clearly, "Number Four, Number Five and Number Six," Each of them looked up, Four was completely out of it, Six looked frightened and excited at the same time and Five, as usual, looked disinterested. "You shall find the forest specials and return them to the Umbrella Academy for further testing." At this, Numbers Four and Six stood up to prepare, Number Five doing also with a slight huff of indignation. 

Well, with that attitude, this mission can only go successfully...

Five pov