Please Wake Up (angst)

WARNING: This story contains near death, car collisions, PTSD, panic attacks and the reader (yourself) in a coma, if you are sensitive to any of these topics, please refrain from reading, I do not want to make anyone uncomfortable, upset or anxious reading this. However, if you do read this and feel any sort of negative emotions and want to talk, feel free to message me on Wattpad or Instagram (crazy_otaku_demigod_fanfiction). 

Read lightly, this story does not have a happy ending, in fact, I don't plan on giving it an ending at all, depending on whether it is wanted, I may do another two, shorter parts writing both a good and bad ending. But I have never written full-on angst so please be gentle you guys! I am getting back into writing here, I am trying to go back to my roots of having an idea and just going for it. Anyways, enjoy! Xxx

_________________________________________

Reginald pov

Flashes in front of my vision kept me up at night, the sounds were harsh and the whooshing of the wind rushed past my ears as the glass of the windows were shattered and the outside chill came rushing in. If you've ever been in a car accident, the sounds are the worst part, at least in my opinion, the crunching of the metal plating, the whining of the internal machinery, the scraping of the paint against another car. 

However gruesome the noises were, nothing was as awful as the sight of the mangled child in front of me. Her body was hardly thrown forward during the collision, but using her ability to its fullest wound up tiring her too much, the poor child. Number Eig-

(y/n). She had risked her own life in order to spare mine any more damage. I shouldn't have let in happen, I remember beating harshly on the green-purplish hue of the sphere encasing me, the forcefield she had enveloped me in, powerful, the most powerful I had seen of the girl. Such incredible power. Such an incredible young girl, such a sweet and caring girl, caring for the old man who refused to show any love or affection for the children he adopted. The children he adopted solely so he could have one final hurrah.

Incredible children, with wonderful abilities. I wish I could have seen that, seen how badly I had treated them without having to have my life flash before me first. Every time I closed my eyes, the sounds, the sights, the feeling of my fists pounding against (y/n)'s forcefield. Sleep managed to elude me once again, I couldn't help but think of (y/n)'s unconscious body, lying in the cold, dark, damp infirmary. And the weeping boy sat stuck next to her.

Five pov

I hadn't realised the mistake I made, going on that mission rather than going with (y/n) and the old man to that dumbass press conference. The girl was adamant, 'You wouldn't want to go,' She told me, 'It wouldn't be exciting, not as much as a mission would be.' The sweet girl decided to go in my place, I could have stopped it. I could have saved her. She was perfect. In every sense of the word. She was my everything. And I couldn't save her.

She wasn't dead, but she wasn't exactly living either. She was halfway between, fading in and out everyday, every hour in fact. I still couldn't wrap my head around it. My poor baby. I don't see why this had to happen, she did nothing wrong, didn't hurt people where she could help it, made sure to help around the massive building, even though we had mom to take care of it. She was smart, so smart, top of all of our classes growing up, could beat dad in any game, chess, cards, you name it. 

But she wasn't always... there. She seemed to have her head in the clouds most of the time, the thought still brings a smile to my face. Such a creative mind, she was an angel in a world of demons and shadows, but now. My love was stranded in a limbo and I couldn't get her out of that. I was sat there, in the infirmary, holding her hand, trying my hardest to keep her there, to keep her warm and with me. I couldn't stand the thought of her going through any of this alone.