We Love You Klaus (fluff/slight angst)

So this is still a Five x reader but I thought that Klaus deserved a happier ending than what he got. This is a chapter dedicated to someone special, my mother Leekiebadger, she loves Umbrella Academy just as much as I do and she was entirely responsible for the plot of this chapter. Go show some love if you want! Thank you mum and enjoy the chapter you guys xxx

____________________________

Monday, November 4th 2002~

(y/n) pov

I was sat in Five's lap, watching Ben and Klaus being themselves. It made me happy when Klaus was sober, of course I knew it wouldn't last long, he'd be rolling one of his 'special' cigarettes at dinner. I leaned back into Five's chest, feeling his arms wrap around me, I knew he didn't like being around Klaus but he was my best friend. I loved Klaus and he was massively protective of me, we were all siblings but me and Klaus were found in the same town, two streets away from each other. As much as Five was my boyfriend, I loved Klaus just as much and Five would just have to deal with that. Even though relationships were against the rules, Five and I were no secret.

We had been together for two years, Klaus only knew about one of those years though, he would kill Five if he knew about the other one. Dad didn't really do anything about our relationship, although he pounded on Allison and Luther's all the time. I think it's because Five tended to get a bit over the top when it came to dad, they were so alike they butted heads constantly, I was still on our father's good side and I didn't want to do anything to jeopardise that, even though there was a thin line between father's good side and his bad side. Anyways, back to the story, Klaus and Ben were being strange and making me giggle that was the only reason Five was even there, to be with me. 

We were watching Klaus reenact some of the silly things he's done on missions, when we heard the bell ring for dinner. I would've been trampled by hungry boys if it weren't for Five spacial jumping us out of the way. I looked up at him, "Thank you," I mused, pecking his lips quickly before running downstairs, slowing to a graceful walk once I was in sight of dad and mom. Being Number Eight, I sat opposite Vanya, which did mean I sat by Father. We were all given the signal to be seated, the girls and I were elegant and ladylike, as much as I hated it, whilst the boys were shovelling food in their faces as usual, except Five. 

Nobody else seemed to notice until he stabbed his knife into the surface of the table. Everyone turned to look at him, everyone other than Father that is, he stayed looking at his plate but called to him nonetheless, "Number Five?" He asked. Five looked at him with a spiteful look on his face, where did that come from, he was happy just a minute ago. "I have a question," Five stated, oh no, I already knew where this was going, he was going on and on about time travel, he knew I didn't agree with him, it was too dangerous. "Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during meal times, you are interrupting A Herr Carlson," Father told him. Five pushed his plate forward and glared at dad, "I want to time travel," He said, I looked down and sighed, Five looked at me, this was going to end badly, I could feel it.

Timeskip~

Five pov

I looked around the wasteland that I'd stumbled into. "I knew this would end badly," I heard from behind me, my heart dropped, no way had I pulled her here with me. I whipped my head around and saw my girlfriend. "(y/n) what the hell!? How did you get here!?" I shouted, I knew she didn't like it when I yelled at her but I was panicking! I didn't mean to bring her with me! "I don't know Five, I chased after you and when I grabbed you, you probably jumped and brought me with you." She told me. I was honestly really happy that I wasn't here alone, but then we found the academy. Whilst I was finding the eye in Luther's hand, (y/n) found something much more heart breaking. I heard her whimper, which began to turn into sobbing.

I turned to look at her, "Klaus," She cried, I ran over to her and held her close to me, I covered her eyes and consoled her while she grieved. She cried until she fell asleep, at which point, I decided to find her a comfy place to sleep, there was a mattress store nearby which was handy, then I had a small surprise for her. I guess it wasn't a happy surprise but I think she'll like it nonetheless. When she woke up, I took her to a clearing, away from the rubble and the fire, where somehow a patch of grass had begun growing. She saw what I had done and covered her mouth, her eyes filling with tears once more. "What do you not like it?" I asked quickly, she shook her head without words. "Its perfect," She said. I had buried our siblings, I get how morbid that is but I did it the best way I could. I had carved into tombstones, made them personalised. I wanted (y/n) to be able to come and talk to them, I knew she would anyway. 

Timeskip~

I may be working for The Commission but I still had my (y/n), we were actually married about twenty years ago. I still brought her back to the clearing whenever she wanted, but it was time. The JFK mission was starting and she was coming with me, I found my break through. I asked (y/n) to check the equations, she told me it was too risky, there was a problem with a few, but I couldn't wait any longer, we were going to see our family again. I grabbed (y/n)'s hand and concentrated, I created the time hole and looked through it, I could see figures, they were blurry. I couldn't tell who they were but one of them threw a fire extinguisher at us. 

We looked at each other before making our way through. The pain was agonising, what was worse was watching (y/n) go through it. We fell into a heap on the floor with a thump. We looked up and saw Klaus. "Does anyone else see little (y/n) and Number Five, or is it just me?" He asked, his eyes staring at (y/n). We stood up and looked at each other, we were thirteen again. "Shit," We both said in harmony. Klaus laughed and said, "Yup its them," (y/n) turned to look at Klaus before tackling him in a hug, already crying. "I missed you," She whispered. He smiled and kissed her head. 

 Timeskip~

(y/n) pov

Right, apocalypse over, everyone was safe, including Vanya. Me and Five were cuddled up together until I heard crying, shouting and things breaking in the next room. Klaus' room. I shot up and ran to his room, Five on my tail. "Klaus, are you okay?" He was sat on the floor, tears streaming down his cheeks. He was holding his dog tags close to his chest. "I miss Dave," He cried, I knelt beside him and held him close to me. I knew all about Dave. I desperately wanted to meet him but I knew why I couldn't. Actually, knowing that Five had a good portion of control over his powers, I had an idea that could help Klaus. 

"Five, do you think you could take us to the Vietnam War?" I asked, my puppy eyes on show. Klaus gasped and looked up at Five and began to plead with me. Five smirked down at the two of us, "Oh I don't know, I would need a couple things from you," He said, I knew exactly what he meant. "Anything," Klaus told him, causing me to burst out laughing. "I meant (y/n)!" He shouted, "But I'll do it," Five told us, "Get ready we leave tomorrow." We were going to make Klaus happy, if it killed me. 

_____________________

Thanks again to my mother for this idea. I know I left it on a cliff hanger, I will finish it soon, hopefully this weekend! I hope you like the idea. Love you guys!

Final Word Count: 1438