Chapter 018: Rhys POV

Ang galeng naman. Ibang routa to ah. Di to papunta samen. Ang saya-saya. Ba’t ba kasi ako nataranta kaagad? Ngumiti lang naman siya.. naging magkaibigan lang naman kami, and most of all, hinatid ko lang naman siya sa village niya.. na super out of the way saken. 

Ang galeng. Perstaym ata to Rhys ah? 

But then, I managed to get on my track before pa ako tinawagan ni Mommy. And nope, I’m not a mama’s boy. I’m just kind of close to my family. 

“Mom, good eve.”

“Mommyyy! Andito na si Kuya!!” Paul shouted.

“Rhys, baba na kaagad. We’re going to eat dinner na, ‘kay?”

“Yep.” I ran to my room at nagbihis.

Hmm, we’re not that rich compared kina Yana. She’s super rich since they own a lot of real estates here in the metro and outside the metro. Kami, we just own some chains of restaurant and pubs. Not that rich, really. And.. I was just able to go to my school kasi they can afford it, pero not to the point that I can have everything. Mom and Dad made sure na di kami spoiled. So, I guess, I’m okay with it. *winks* Kaya nga nakakatakot si Yana. I mean, financial status, kalingkingan niya lang ako. Seriously. And I don’t what her family will do if nalaman nilang si Yana.. hhmm, let’s say, sa future mainvolve saken (which is I guess, unlikely to happen kung titingnan lang sa status niya and her personality), lagot ako. xD

And except for her family, takot din ako kasi baka mabusted ako.. for the first time. I mean, hindi ako yung mga type ni Yana. If ibebase ko lang sa personality niya, maybe she’ll be after “nice” and “smart” guys. Hindi ko naman sinasabi na bobo ako or ano, I’m not just smart enough for her.. I know a thing or two about stuffs and E=mc^2, but not to the point na alam ko rin kung panu yan nakuha ni Einstein.. and she knows that – according to Vince. Hindi naman ako takot sa katalinuhan niya or anything like that.. but sometimes, believe me, nakakaintimidate yun. 

*knock knock

“Yeeep?”

“Rhys, hijo. Kain na raw kayo.”

“Opo, manang. Sandali lang po.”

I got down and sat at the dining table. Andun na si Dad, nakapolo pa. Naka-all smiles pa ako when I sat down and I really didn’t notice that I was smiling so wide.

“Kuya, para kang babae.” sabi ni Paolo.

“Oh, baket?” Napatanong ako bigla. Napatingin rin ako kina Mommy and Daddy. They were smiling.. as if they were very amused to my sweet smile. “Anooo?”

“May nangyari ba Rhys na gusto mong ishare samen?” Mom asked sweetly.. teasingly, I meant to say.

“W-wala naman po.” I winked at her. “Let’s eat.” I grinned.

Napatingin nalang si Dad and Paolo sameng dalawa.

Later that night, I sat down sa terrace ng room ko just looking at the stars. Ewan ko ba, but I can’t stop thinking of her smile and to what I just did kanina. San ko naman nakuha ang courage to take her home? I mean, she’s the only one who intimidates me.. yung parang, pag katabi ko siya, it seems like medyo nanginginig ako.. it’s really weird. And really, she amuses me. Kaya natatawa kagad ako minsan. Weird, indeed. One hell of a girl. *winks*

The next day..

“Uy, nakauwi ba ng maayos si Yana?” Vince asked.

“Oo naman.” I answered back.

“Ba’t mo siya hinatid? Rhys.. she’s a family friend.. I mean-“

“I know. Alam ko.” I looked at Vince. “I know what I’m doing. Don’t worry. I know how unique she is.” I winked at Vince. Napabuntong hininga siya and walked ahead of me.