Chapter 019: Rhys POV

Saturday.

I had nothing to do the whole day. I was thinking kung anong ginagawa niya or anything like that. But I know that wasn’t healthy, so I just played some basketball game with my neighbors. 

Nung gabi na, I logged on at YM. Ewan ko ba, usually, Saturday night, I’ll be at Dirk’s with my friends. But tonight, it seems like I’m confused and messed up.. gusto ko lang magpahinga muna and think things over.

I’ve been involved with some girls before, but.. this one’s different. Seriously. Parang.. she’s for keeps. So I have to make things right and avoid screwing up.

“Well, honestly, Rhys. You screwed up already. Alam mo namang off-limits siya.. pero gusto mo parin siya.” I whispered to myself sarcastically. “Galeng mo, Rhys.” I smirked.

I was just staring at my YM when someone logged on.

Yana Antonio is online.

lightningdude1218: yana

whizgirlame.o: uhh.. hi.

lightningdude1218: i have something to say to you.

lightningdude1218: sa monday.

Eto na talaga.

whizgirlame.o: oh. okay.

lightningdude1218: may pupuntahan ka ba bukas?

whizgirlame.o: wala.. why?

whizgirlame.o: pero prolly, since nandito si kuya, may mga unplanned activities siguro.

lightningdude1218: kuya? you didn’t tell me may kuya ka.

whizgirlame.o: did you ask ba?

lightningdude1218: hinde. lol. 1 point for you. *blush smiley*

whizgirlame.o: what’s with the blush icon?

lightningdude1218: what does it mean ba?

whizgirlame.o: nahhh.. anyway, see ya soon. bea’s here.

whizgirlame.o has signed out.

May kuya siya? Dang. Akala ko nag-iisang anak lang siya. Eh ba’t di siya sinusundo ng Kuya niya? Tsk2.

BUZZ!

Napatingin ako sa window na nagpop-out sa screen.

gabaltuna.

gabaltuna: rhys 

lightningdude1218: hey.

gabaltuna: how’d you been?

lightningdude1218: good. kaw?

gabaltuna: heard.. you’re getting along with yana. 

lightningdude1218: you heard it right.

gabaltuna: you goin out? if you wont mind me asking

lightningdude1218: idk. must go. bye. 

gabaltuna: oh. bye.

I signed out.

Well, let me tell you about my story with Gabby.

We’ve been in the same circle of friends since gradeschool. Although she went to an all-girl school and I, to an all boy-school, we still managed to meet and hangout after school or during Saturdays. I liked Gabby before. I liked her as just “Gabby” – back to the days when she was just normal. And I meant, not the most beautiful and most popular Gabrielle “Gabby” Altuna. Yes, she was the prettiest kahit nakabaseball cap siya, nakashorts, or naka loose tshirt lang. Hindi siya naconscious sa dating niya, and I liked it. I don’t know what happened though, she liked this guy named “Joel”. I never really met the guy, ayaw niyang pakilala o pakita saken.