Chapter 027

“I’m so gonna miss you guys!” Hariette told us. The girls gathered for one last group picture.. kahit anong poses na, super saya and super lungkot.

We were all crying so hard, hugging each other and smiling for the cameras.

“Vincennntttt!” Bea shouted kaya napalingon ako. And there was Vincent smiling widely at Bea with flowers on his right hand. “Awww, you brought me flowers.”

“Yeah, I did. Congratulations!” He said and hugged Bea. Nga pala, nagkamabutihan na ang dalawang ito simula nung prom. Laging nagchichill and napakashowbiz. Iniinsist na “friends” lang daw talaga sila. Yeah, right! Like that one works. Hahahhaa. But it’s good, at least, he found someone na gusto din siya. “And.. for Yana, congratulations!” He said and I hugged him too.

“Rhys!” I heard Gabby shouted at nowhere so medyo napalingon kaming tatlo nina Vincent. I saw Gabby throwing her body to Rhys and Rhys caught her up fast and hold on to her firmly.

Ouch.

That’s one thing I wasn’t able to do with Rhys.

“Congratulations!” Rhys smiled at Gabby and kissed her on the cheeks.

Ouch.

That’s another thing we weren’t able to do.. kiss.

“Congratulations, Gabby.” Narinig ko ang boses ng mother ni Rhys and when I moved my eyes on the left, I saw his whole family walking towards Gabby and his Mom hugging her.

Hindi ko alam kung anong naramdaman ko, pero isa yun sa mga pangyayari sa buhay ko na hindi ko maialis-alis ang aking mga mata sa tinitingnan ko.. na dapat, kanina ko pa inalis.

Ouch.

His family never liked me.

That’s when I saw his eyes wandered around the coliseum, then it stopped when he caught my eyes. It was like before.. yung tingin na yun, yung tingin niya na nakakatunaw, yung tingin niya na alam mong madaming bagay nasa isip niya at iisa-isahin niya yun kapag nag-uusap kayo.. yung tingin niya na sumisigaw na ‘mahal kita’… that look.. that look..that look, that one I fell for.

Then he gave me a sad smile.

That’s when I heard a loud sound of shattered glasses.

My heart will never be fixed. Never.

His mom followed his gaze at dun niya ako nakita. I couldn’t look at her straightly. But she gave me a nod and one fourth of her smile compared to onewhole to Gabby. I smiled in return and went back to talking to Bea and Vincent.

Bea and Vince gave me a comforting smile.

“Soo, see you at the party mamayang gabi ha?” I said to Bea and Vince.

“Sure, no problem.” Sabi ni Bea then naglakad na ako papunta kina Daddy na kinakausap ang teachers ko and some of the parents ng mga studyante na friends nila ni Mommy.

“Mom, comforts lang muna ako. I’ll be back.” I said to Mom and excused myself.

Dumaan ako sa hallway ng Lourdes trying to memorize every angle of it. Matatagalan din bago ako bumalik dito. I’m not even sure if makakabalik pa ako. The thing is, this school will always be with my heart. Always.

“Yana..”

“R-Rhys..” I was surprised to see him leaning on the wall opposite of the girl’s comfort room. Huminga siya ng malalim at inayos ang pagkakatayo niya.