Part 26

"Khushi..." called Arnav bringing her back from past memories.

He was confused to see her so upset and looking at sky like see is searching something, he was waiting for her and when she didn't turned up in his room he decided to look for her. He was feeling distressed and low after confrontation with his Mom. Its not normal for a son to see his Mother acting so insensitive, that argument with his Mom had made one thing clear for him, that he need to sort out the problem he has created in past. Whatever is happening is not right and the only person who is responsible for this mess is he, himself and its his responbilty to correct it for both Him, Khushi and their Son, He need make every wrong right for his family. Coming to party he looked around for her but she was not there. Arish was with her Aunt, which means she has not left party. Asking from a waiter he came to know where she is, he came to this secluded pool area of hotel. Looking at her lost face he doesn't know how to approach her. he can clearly see that she is sad but does he have right to console her?

Wiping her tears Khushi turned to face him. She knew what she did few minutes back was immature. Running and hiding is not solutions now. They have to face each other and she can't be weak. She can throw him out of her life but she has to accept him in her son life.

"Khushi, Tum thik ho..." asked Arnav coming to her, but before he can touched her she moved back. (Khushi, you okay...)

"Yeah, what will happen to me?" Asked Khushi totally ignoring his question and concerned.

"I don't know, You tell me because if everything is good with you, then what are you doing alone here?" asked Arnav.

"I'm not answerable to you for anything Arnav, don't forget that you are not my HUSBAND anymore" spat Khushi emphasizing on husband. She was not able to hold her anger anymore which she felt due to remembering past betrayals.  

"Sorry, I didn't mean that... anyway I was waiting for you in my room. Why didn't you come, Khushi?" Asked Arnav. He can see that she is trying to hide her inner turmoil behind her anger. Not wanting to push her more and make her uncomfortable he decided to give her space. 

"It's s nothing new for me you always do and say the thing opposite of what you actually mean..." muttered Khushi to herself.

"You don't need to say Sorry and I had came to your room but you were busy with your Mom, so I thought its better to not disturb you both" said Khushi with blank face. 

He was confused to know that she had came and scared that she saw him with his Mother, it mean she must have heard what his mother had said or demanded from him.

"Did you heard our talk?" Asked Arnav hoping she had not.

For once Khushi thought to say no and save herself from any further discussion on that topic. She doesn't to think and talk about all those thing but as it says person can never run away from their past. It will always follow you.

"Ye...ss" said Khushi gulping all the pain and frustration she is feeling.

Arnav can clearly hear pain in her voice and now he very well understood reason behind her sad face and tearful eyes, so she heard what his mother said but she must have not heard his answer or else she would have not been this sad or may be even after hearing his answer she doesn't trust. Its possible for her to distrust him after all he had done nothing which make her believe him. He was lost in his thought and thinking how to make her believe that he is not going to do what his mother had asked. He can never think to separate Arish from her, not even in the situation. He wants to be part of his Son life but not on the cost of separating from his mother.

"Khushi, it's my Mom who thinks that not me. I can't even imagine of separating you and Arish, trust me I'm not that selfish just to have him with me, I'll never hurt you both... please... please just trust me. " said Arnav hoping that she will trust him.