8 - the beginning

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

*Edited*

Third Person POV

Renee curled her long brown hair, combing it out a bit to create looser curls. Her diamond hoop earrings glistened beneath the bright fluorescent lighting of the bathroom. She applied brow gel, mascara, and lip balm, going for a more natural look.

Renee slipped into her dress, which was simple yet flattering; black and adorned with a white floral pattern covering its entirety. Maddox hadn't given her a dress code for the date, and she hadn't wanted to wear anything over the top as she wasn't sure he was taking her, either.

Renee stood in front of the mirror in her bathroom, checking her appearance.

//Renee's outfit//

//Renee's outfit//

She was pleased with the outcome, feeling overall confident and comfortable.

Renee worked on a few finishing touches, wondering where Maddox planned to take her on this date. She was excited to find out, although the actual idea of going out with him mattered more to her than the location.

Many other girls her age tended to post photos on social media with their boyfriends at expensive places, being spoiled by them. Renee had no issues with this, but it truly wasn't her top priority in any means. She cared more about spending time with the person she desired to.

In her case, Maddox was that person.

"Renee, it's 6:50!" Savannah called, becoming increasingly impatient.

"Get your ass out here and show me how good you look,"

"One second," Renee said, giving herself a final once-over in the mirror.

Renee walked out of the bathroom and into her bedroom. Savannah carefully surveyed her outfit, motioning with her hand for Renee to twirl so she could all the angles of her look. She did this often when styling Renee's outfits, feeling professional.

"You look perfect," She proclaimed.

"That man won't know what hit him." Savannah smiled, pulling Renee into a tight hug.

"Sav? I'm kinda struggling to breathe, here..." Renee trailed off at the end of her sentence.

"Shit, sorry!" Savannah pulled away, laughing.

The doorbell rang, alerting the two girls.

"I guess your Knight in shining armor is here."