26 - nightmare

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

Renee POV

I was still in that horrid place.

Maddox hadn't come to get me after all.

Tears stream down my face as I realized I was simply imagining his presence.

I shook and the metal chains rattled, alerting Rob and Carson.

I began to sob, knowing that they would be here in no time.

I heard footsteps and braced myself for what was to come, trembling.

"There's the princess,"

Rob stalked into the room after aggressively pulling the door open.

I flinched at his tone of voice and tried to make myself as small as possible in the position I was in.

He came over to me and stroked my face, before tugging at the chains my handcuffs were attached to. My already raw wrists screamed with pain at the sudden movement.

"Just making sure they're nice and secure, hm?"

He tugged one final time at the chains before letting go, leaving me silently sobbing.

I looked down as I heard him fiddle with his belt buckle, and began to feel an entirely different type of fear.

Raising my eyes back up, I sighed in relief when I noticed he still had his pants on.

However, I looked down at his hand to see his belt folded tightly in his grip.

I inwardly flinched as he bent down to my level, holding the folded belt too close to my face.

"Let's have some fun, shall we?"

The belt was raised to my face and I screamed in agony.

Everything went black.

I woke up sweating, my breathing heavy. I whimpered at the pain still present on my wrists that must've flailed in my sleep, during my nightmare. I remained in a daze as I took in my surroundings, shaking. I recognized it as Maddox's room and started to calm down as I was pulled out of my trance.

"Renee! Baby, look at me. What happened?"

Maddox gently shook me, and I made eye contact with him. He looked shaken and anxious, his hair messy and dark circles beneath his eyes. I immediately fell into his deep gray eyes, the ones I had missed so much. All thoughts of my nightmare were thrown out the window as I felt his soft touch on my shoulders, proving that he was really there. A tear rolled down my cheek as he continued to look at me. Before I could even try to speak, he pulled me into a hug.

I could tell he wanted to grip me tighter, hug me and never let me go. That's what I wanted, too. But with all my injuries, we both knew that doing that would only hurt me further. Tears continued to fall down my face and Maddox heard me sniffle, causing him to pull back a bit. This time, his eyes were filling with tears as well.

The sight made my heart hurt, I couldn't stand to see him sad. For some reason I still couldn't speak, as I tried to smile at him through my tears. He kissed my forehead, then my nose, and I giggled, sniffling.

"Your laugh is my favorite sound. I've missed it."

I continued to cry, this time more out of joy, as I nodded at him, smiling.

Maddox proceeded to kiss both of my cheeks carefully, before wiping away my tears with the pad of his thumb. I winced a bit when he applied very light pressure to my right cheek, and he immediately jumped back, shaking his head as if mentally scolding himself.

"Fuck, I'm sorry. Let me get you some ice, okay love?"

He nuzzled his nose against mine and made sure I stayed put on the bed before backing away to get ice from the kitchen. Before he could leave the room, I called his name causing him to whip his head around to look at me.

"T-hank you." My voice cracked as I spoke, trying to keep myself from beginning to cry again.

"There's nothing to thank me for, Renee. I'm happy you're safe, and I would sacrifice myself in a heartbeat if it meant you were okay"

A genuine smile formed on my face, as I realized how thankful and blessed I was to have Maddox in my life. I wouldn't be able to live without him. He's my everything, the one person in this whole entire world that was made for me. My soulmate. I was happiest with him, and that would never change. He continued to look at me with care and admiration, smiling.

"Maddox?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."