13 - greek god?

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

*Edited*

Maddox POV

I had to do something.

Not seeing Renee was taking a toll on me, so I decided to surprise her at the diner. I also hoped to take her to my beach house, an hour or so drive away. We could spend time at the beach, and I wouldn't keep her away too long. Although I wish it could just be the two of us, always.

      Walking into the diner, I saw Renee sitting at the counter with a man. He was built, with chestnut brown hair and blue eyes. I felt a pang of jealousy when I saw him laughing with her. Renee noticed me, as did her little friend.

I sound like a possessive asshole, I know. Cut me some slack.

I would never keep Renee from hanging out with another guy, though. She's free to do as she pleases. I trust her wholeheartedly.

I strode up to the counter and smiled at my girl. I glared at the guy beside her, taking in his appearance. I tried to suppress the weird look creeping up on my face. He whispered something to her before walking away. Renee and I spoke for a bit and I found out that this man, Paul, was gay. Gay. I'm so fucking stupid. Renee and Paul got a kick out of my embarrassment, laughing uncontrollably.

Paul said goodbye and left us alone, but not without adding that Renee described me as a Greek god. I chuckled to myself. She was so sweet. Her cheeks were red with embarrassment, and she played with her hair anxiously. I brushed a strand of hair away from her face and tucked it behind her ear. Cupping her cheek with one hand, I rubbed my thumb across her warm skin. Her green eyes met mine for just a second before looking back down.

"A Greek god, huh?"

"Oh, stop it!"

"You're a goddess," I teased.

"God, that's horrendous." Renee mumbled under her breath, laughing.

"You don't have to say it, I already know I'm hilarious."

"Yeah, no." She scoffed.

"Admit it!"

I tickled her sides as she giggled, squirming and trying to get away from me. I indulged in her beautiful laughter. The sound in of itself made me happy. I would do anything just to make her smile. Just to hear her laugh.

"Stop, Maddox!"

"I'll stop once you admit that you love my jokes."

"Alright! You're a comedian, and you're definitely not embarrassing. Happy?"

"Very."

I smiled, feeling truly content. We were still close in proximity, sitting on the stools with my hands around her waist where I was tickling her. I leaned in slowly and kissed her cheek. She rubbed her nose against mine before standing up.

"Do you want coffee?"

"Sure, love. Cream and sugar please,"

Renee nodded, turning to make the coffee. "My shift ends soon, what are you up to?"

"Actually, I was wondering if you'd like to go somewhere with me."

"I'm free, yeah. Where?"

"I have a beach house, we can spend the night there and head back tomorrow."

"Yes! I'm off tomorrow too," She exclaimed.

"That's if you don't want to get rid of me at that point."

"I could never get tired of you." I reassured.

Renee smiled as she stirred my coffee. She was so effortlessly pretty.

"I'll take that coffee to go then."

     Renee gathered her things and said goodbye to her coworkers. We held hands as we walked towards my car, swinging them back and forth. We got settled in and started the drive. The sun was beginning to set, the golden light reflecting off of Renee's delicate features. She was practically glowing, and I couldn't believe she was real.

     I placed my free hand on her thigh, gently rubbing my thumb back and forth. The radio played, and a song came on that Renee seemed to like. She began to gently sway to the beat, closing her eyes every so often. She sang softly, her melodic voice filling my ears.

'Electric' by Alina Baraz ft. Khalid

Kiss me, we're on fire, babe

Love me, take me to outer space

     Just when I thought this girl couldn't be anymore perfect. Her voice was so pure and airy as she sang along. She wasn't thinking, just going with the rhythm. Her eyes would close in between lines, while she took a breath. At one point, I realized I would rather hear her singing on her own. There was something so angelic and comforting about the sound of her voice.

     I reached over to the dial of the radio, lowering the song just enough that I could hear Renee better, but was still able to hear the song playing. She continued to sing, looking out the window and absentmindedly drawing circles on the back of my hand. The song came to an end as I parked in front of the house. Renee turned to me, making eye contact. Her green eyes sparkled, her cheeks a light shade of pink.

     I was speechless, as was she. She seemed slightly embarrassed by the fact that I was listening so closely to her singing. Everything she does affects me in ways I didn't know existed.

"Wow,"

Renee laughed, twirling a strand of her hair around her pointer finger. I've noticed that she does this whenever she's nervous or embarrassed.

"You're perfect," I sighed.

"No, definitely not." She scrunched her nose and shook her head. "But thank you,"

"You're an angel. I'll spend every day of my life proving that to you, if that's what it takes."

    Renee smiled and bit her lip. I closed the space between us, holding her face in both of my hands. Her eyes fluttered shut as I kissed her forehead, nose, and both of her cheeks. Our foreheads touched as I leaned closer, my eyes darting from her eyes to her lips and back. I was about to kiss her when I heard a vibrating sound. We pulled away, looking for the source of the sound.

My fucking phone.