27 - confession

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

Third Person POV

"I love you."

  Renee inhaled deeply, her eyes beginning to fill with tears again. She was in a sentimental and emotional mood, but Maddox didn't mind. He didn't like seeing her cry, but he knew that it was a normal reaction to everything that's happened. She had to let it all out, and that was okay. He would be the one to help her get back on her own two feet again. It was the two of them together, always. Neither of them wanted anything short of that.

       Maddox took a few minutes to process what Renee had said, standing still in the doorway. The two made eye contact, silver eyes meeting emerald green ones. Renee became anxious awaiting his response, and rubbed the tears out of her eyes swiftly. In a second, though, Maddox's eyes lit up. A smile formed on his face and he ran over to her.

Everything just felt right.

        Maddox sat down carefully on the bed next to Renee and pressed his lips against hers. Renee froze for a second out of surprise before kissing him back. They pulled away breathless, Renee biting her bottom lip with fervor. Gently, Maddox removed her lip from between her teeth, rubbing it with the pad of his thumb.

"I love you more than anything in this world, Renee."

Renee blushed and wrung her small hands together in her lap, smiling. She laughed quietly, and Maddox adored the look in her eyes. She was perfectly content, looking at him lovingly. Becoming shy in the thick silence, Renee looked down at her hands, biting her lower lip again. Seeing this, Maddox immediately kissed her soft pink lips. As he pulled away, he gently tugged at her bottom lip with his teeth teasingly. Renee shivered, pressing their foreheads together.

"Don't bite your lip."

"Why's that?" Renee replied, her tone provocative.

Maddox chuckled, rubbing his nose against hers.

"It's...tempting,"

Maddox reluctantly created space between him and Renee, smirking.

If that's how she wanted to play, he would too.

"Let me go get ice and aspirin, yea?"

Renee was annoyed with his teasing, knowing he was simply doing the same thing she had done seconds before. She nodded quietly before rolling her eyes, pissed that she couldn't be mad at him when he was so sweet to her always.

"Roll your eyes at me again and you won't like what happens,"

Renee quietly gasped at his statement, before really processing what he said and beginning to laugh.

"Fuck. You'd definitely like what happens,"

Maddox muttered to himself before walking out of the room, leaving Renee giggling.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"Maddox, I appreciate it but I really don't need to see a doctor."

Renee spoke softly, flinching when she pressed the ice pack onto her cheek a bit more.

"I know, love. But I just want to make sure everything is okay. I'll feel better at least. Do it for me?" Maddox pleaded.