31 - bella ragazza

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

Maddox POV

"I know man, but I had to kill them. It was my fucking fault they went after her for a second time, I wasn't going to let them try it again."

Jay scoffed on the other end of the call before replying.

"Their little gang is talking shit now, saying they'll get us back. Get us back, my ass."

"Those fuckers can't do any damage to us. I know I should've told you that I killed them but it was urgent, Jay." I sighed.

"It's fine, you dumbass. I don't think they have the capability of doing anything; let's stay on high alert though, okay?"

"For sure. I don't care what I have to do, as long as Renee is safe and with me."

"Speaking of Renee, I must've interrupted something hm?"

Just from the tone of his voice, I knew he had that annoying, smug smile on his face.

"Of course you did, what's new? Go get back to Savannah, asshole. You were eye-fucking her all throughout lunch, anyways." I snarled irritatedly.

"Oh, don't worry about that. Savannah's doing just fine with me, a little too well actually," He joked, making me inwardly cringe thinking of what they were doing.

"Maddox, make sure you use protection!" A female voice rang out in the background of the call, Savannah chiming in.

"Yeah yeah, you guys can get back to fucking now. Bye, Jay." I laughed.

"Talk to you later, Knight."

I hung up, running my hand over my face. I swear, every time I talk to Jay I lose at least 3 brain cells.

Yes, it's that fucking bad.

   I pocketed my phone before walking down the hall to the living room, to see Renee sitting on the couch where I left her, wrapped up in the blanket. The movie was paused, and she looked up when she heard my footsteps nearing the couch.

Her eyes swirled with emotion, some of which I couldn't decipher. I sat down next to her, gently tugging at the blanket so she would share it with me.

Renee turned to face me before speaking.

"You killed them, for me..."

My eyes widened. She had heard me talking to Jay.

   I internally cursed myself for not going somewhere more private to talk him, for speaking so loudly. Telling Renee what I had done was something I planned to do as soon as I gathered up the courage, although I was unsure of how long that would take.

I didn't want her to find out from anyone but me, and certainly not through a phone call she wasn't meant to hear.

   The unknown has never been a threat to me. I've never allowed it to be. Seeing something as threatening would cause me to let my guard down. As the leader I am, the worst thing I could possibly do is let my guard down, show weakness of any sort.