19 - are you?

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

Maddox POV

      Renee and I took our time eating breakfast, enjoying each other's company. Telling her that I was so deeply involved in the mafia, something so dangerous and almost monstrous, was nerve wracking. I never want Renee to be afraid of me. My sole purpose already is to protect her and make her happy. Her calm reaction put my mind at ease, and now everything between us was clear. No more secrets.

My plate was completely cleared, and I watched as Renee finished her food next to me. Once she was done, she turned to me and smiled. I gave her a mischievous look, and she tilted her head to the side. Immediately, I picked her up, holding her bridal style. She giggled and squirmed in my arms, making me laugh. I carried her to the bathroom and placed her down on the marble countertop.

I leaned in and rubbed my nose against hers, and Renee placed a soft kiss to my lips. Our foreheads rested on one another as we looked into each other's eyes. I reluctantly pulled away and opened up a cabinet, getting a new toothbrush for her. I grabbed mine as well and put toothpaste on both, running them under the water for a second. I handed Renee her toothbrush, which was a light pink color.

She thanked me and we began to brush our teeth. Renee stood next to me, looking so tiny next to my large frame. I was 6'3, while Renee had to be 5'5. I loved our height difference; it was somewhat endearing to me. I watched in the mirror as Renee made silly faces, showing her teeth as she brushed them. We rinsed out our mouths and turned to each other. Renee gave me a wide smile, showing off her pearly white teeth.

I did the same before lifting her up into a hug. She rested her head on my shoulder and wrapped her legs around my waist. I placed her down and walked into my room, grabbing a t shirt for her. It was black and would be incredibly oversized on her. I loved seeing her in my clothes more than anything. I handed the shirt to her and she went back into the bathroom to change, and I did the same in my room.

      She came out a few minutes later, wearing my shirt and a pair of jeans I assumed she had in her bag. The jeans hugged her figure perfectly, and Renee wore adidas sneakers on her feet. Her long brown hair was braided to the side, and her face was free of any makeup. She was so naturally beautiful, and whenever she wore makeup it was minimal.

"A few of my men are coming over today, I'd like you to meet them. That is, if you're comfortable with it?"

Renee nodded happily.

"I'd love to! But I have to go home soon, I haven't seen Savannah in days."

"You're gonna leave me, hm?"

I teased, pouting. I placed my hands on her hips and pulled her closer to me. Renee giggled and shook her head wearily.

"I've been with you for the past two days, Knight. I have to go home at some point."

"One day this will be your home as much as it is mine."

Renee blushed, her cheeks turning pink. We haven't known each other long, but I knew that this was the girl I would marry one day. It sounds sappy as hell, but I definitely can't see myself with anyone else, ever.

"One day. For now, I have to go home. I'm sure I'll be with you tomorrow, you can't stay away from me!"

"That's very true. But you love it,"

"Hmm, I don't know about that."

She scrunched up her eyebrows, acting unsure.

"You know you do."

"Okay, maybe you're right. Come on, we have people to see and things to do."

Renee took charge of the situation, making me realize that I did have things to do, no matter how much I didn't want to. I chuckled at how demanding she was, but I'd do anything she wanted me to. That's how whipped I am. Shit.

She slipped out of my arms suddenly, escaping by going under my arms that were around her waist a second ago. Renee then started to run for the door, and I chased after her. I could hear her laughter as she made her way to the stairs. I train almost every day and I still couldn't catch up to her. Something was seriously wrong here.

By the time I reached the bottom of the stairs, Renee was leaning against the banister, smiling. I was out of breath, while she seemed completely unfazed. Entirely taken aback, I stood there and ogled at her. She began to laugh, and looked from me, to the door, and back.

I turned to the door to see three of my men standing there. They had let themselves in, and have definitely been here long enough to see me get my ass kicked by the petite girl next to me. They were all smiling, trying not to laugh. Renee, on the other hand, was still cracking up. My jaw dropped, and I felt quite embarrassed at this point.

"Close your mouth, you might catch flies!"
Renee giggled, grabbing my hand and pulling me along to the entrance of my house. We came face to face with my men, and I began to introduce everyone.

"Okay, Renee. From left to right, this is Michael."

Michael nodded his head at Renee, still grinning.

"This is Sal."

Sal waved at Renee before looking her up and down. I was holding myself back from kicking his ass right then and there. Thankfully I refrained when I felt Renee's small hand give mine a squeeze.

"And this is Damien."

Damien smiled at Renee.

"Nice to meet you all!" Renee greeted cheerfully, giving the three men a small wave.

I watched Michael's expression change as he tried not to laugh at the situation he walked in on. Suddenly, he burst out in laughter, as did Damien and Sal.

"You kicked his ass! How do you even run that fast without having to catch your breath?"

Each of the men gave Renee a high five, laughing. I just stood quietly, not liking the teasing I was receiving.

"I don't appreciate this verbal abuse!" I sighed, rubbing my forehead as they continued to talk.

"I was on the track team in high school. I haven't ran since then, though."

"Damn! Maddox was like a fish out of water. You have to step up your game, man."

"Very funny," Renee leaned into me, rubbing circles on my hand with her thumb. I took a deep breath, feeling content with her at my side.

"So Maddox, what are you gonna do about those men?"

My entire mood darkened as I thought about the men that had been a threat to Renee. They had hurt her, and stole from her.

"I'm not so sure yet, I'm going down to see them though."

I turned to Renee, who had a stressed look on her face. Concern and fear showed in her eyes. I didn't like seeing her this way. Before I could ask what was wrong, she spoke.

"You're not going to kill them, are you?"