❤Chapter 24❤

This chapter is dedicated to @strawberrytrifles Author of this amazing book "30 Days Ultimatum." Go check it out!

Above is a picture of Okon

Enjoy,

***********************************************************************

       Itoro's POV (Point of view)

"Itoro, are you sure you're not ready for bed?" My younger brother Okon, said to me. I've been dialing Chidinma's number severally, but she wasn't answering. I even tried Gerald's number but it was switch off. I was worried about Chidinma and not Gerald, cause that guy's phone was hardly ever on. But Chidinma's latest Samsung phone was always on, and it has never diverted to voice mail.

"Itoro," My brother voiced out as he sat close to me on our worn-out foam chair. "You just arrived from a long journey, you did not even rest and you forced me to bury mama immediately, which I did without complaining. Now, it's passed midnight and I'm pleading with you to come to the room and sleep. I'm sure everything is alright. You can call your friends in the morning."

"My mind's telling me that__"

"Sister!" Okon released a frustrated sigh.

"Alright," I sighed as I pressed the side button on my phone, to turn off the screen. "Let's go sleep."

************************************************************************

"The person you are trying to call, is not reachable at the moment. Please try again later, thank you." I cut the annoying girl's voice short.

It's morning and I've been trying Chidinma's number. I decided to try Gerald's number again in hopes that he picks up.

On the forth ring, Gerald's voice magically popped out.

"H-He-Hello?" Gerald's voice sounded off for some reason.

"What's going on?" I asked. I was really really worried right now. "Gerald, what is it?"

"I can't do this," Gerald said on the other side, before cutting the call. I looked at my phone screen.

Something is definitely wrong.

I tried calling Gerald's again and to my luck, Gerald answered.

"Hello?" I quickly questioned, "What's wrong?"

"Itoro," That wasn't Gerald's voice.

"Genesis?" I asked stunned. Why was he holding Gerald's phone? "Give the phone to Gerald!" I demanded.

"I can't," Genesis stated, making me to furrowed my brows out of confusion.

"And why can't you?"

"Cause, he's breaking down so badly." Genesis said in a low tone.

"Why would he be.... Wait, do you mean crying?" I asked and waited impatiently for his reply.

"Hmmm," Was Genesis short response. Gerald doesn't cry. Gerald was like my younger brother, they both believe that crying was only for girls. Something wasn't right.

"W-Why is G-Gerald crying?"

"C-Cause," Genesis' voice cracked a little, making him to clear his throat. "Chidinma was found dead this morning."

My knees gave way as I fell to the floor. My ass smacked the hot sand, which for some reason felt cold. My heart felt like it was being stabbed by a demonic knife.

This can't be true.

"Itoro, Itoro can you hear me?"

This can't be true, Chidinma can't be dead. My best friend can't be dead!

************************************************************************************************************

A/N      Okay guys, don't kill me for this chapter. Everything happens for a reason.

So how do you see this chapter?
Comment below ⤵

If you feel like murdering me for this chapter, lol. State your threat in an inline comment ➡

If you feel like murdering Daniel, state it here ➡

If you love this chapter then vote 🌟

Till next time,

Much love,

X
-Eddy