❤Chapter 33❤

Another cover by Donaldprince

This chapter is dedicated to @middlelf she's like one of the craziest person I've met on wattpad xD

Enjoy.

************************************************************************

Chidinma, Gerald and I, got down from Genesis' car and headed straight to the station. Genesis, had booked an appointment with a well known officer that would question us. Genesis stopped to talk to a lanky officer and the officer gestured for us to follow him.

"Is he the one that's going to question us?" I asked Genesis. He shook his head, as he walked two pace ahead of me.

"No, he's not." Genesis mumbled. Genesis had been acting cold towards everyone lately. I won't blame him, I would too if my dad wanted me gone. "He's taking us to the officer that would question us." I nodded my head in respond.

We approached a door, and the lanky officer let us in. "Wait here," He said to Genesis, as Genesis nodded his head.

It was a small room with two chairs facing each other, and one wooden table in between them. There was also a shaky light bulb, located at the ceiling. The lanky officer walked out and closed the door behind him.

"I don't know why you guys didn't bring Bolanle to the station," Genesis said to me, and he sounded angry.

"You know why he's not here," I said to him. "He might had been a bad guy, but he has changed! He saved Chidinma's life, doesn't that count?"

"And why are you so eager to support him?!" Genesis yelled, "Don't tell me you're falling for his 'charm'." Genesis, did an air quote when he said the word charm. "Why didn't you tell me you were on a date with Bolanle, when I called last night." I looked at him with creased brows. "Don't you even deny it! LA midnight restaurant, only plays one damn music on a Wednesday night. And that was the same music I heard on the phone!"

I watched Genesis' as he pace back and forth to calm his rage. I walked towards him, "I'm not in love with Bolanle," I said as I stepped closer to him and touched his upper right arm. "I'm in love with you."

"Well it doesn't feel like it!" Genesis snapped as he flung my hand aside. The impact, made me to stumble against Gerald. Gerald held me strongly in his arms, as Chidinma marched forward towards Genesis.

"Hey!" Chidinma snapped at him, "She's your girlfriend and you can't talk or act like shit around her. It's no one's fault that your excuse of a father and probably psycho family, would want to kill you!"

"Gerald," Genesis breathed harshly. "Take your insane girlfriend, out of my sight!"

"Insane?" Chidinma scoffed. "We ain't part of your family. But some how, in a funny stupid way, we got tangled in your family's matter! And instead of pleading with us not to get offended cause we got tangled in your web, you're busy blaming Itoro cause she didn't turn Bolanle in!"

I watched in horror, as Genesis raised his hand at Chidinma. Within a split second, Gerald left me and ran over to Genesis. He held Genesis' hand and glared at him. "Don't you dare, lay your hand on my girlfriend! And we are all out of here. If your officer want to question us, you know where to find us."

"Do me a favour," Genesis said as he looked at me with cold eyes. "Take Itoro with you cause we're done."

I gasped involuntarily as I looked at Genesis with wide stunned eyes. "What do you mean done?"

"It means that we're over, through! I'm fucking breaking up with you!"

"You don't mean that," I tried to plead with him. "It's just stress and you don't know what you're doing, Genesis. We're going to get through to this, I promise." I tried to convince him.

"Just go, Itoro." He said in a low tone, as he averted his gaze to the ground. "This isn't working."

"Come on," Chidinma said as she held my hands. "Let's go." We walked over to door. And when we were about opening it, a built looking police man walked in.

"Let's begin," The officer said as he tapped his note pad with his pen.

"When you really want to question us," Chidinma said, gesturing to herself, Gerald and I. "Ask that Jerk face over there," She pointed at Genesis. "And he'll tell you where to find us."  With those last words, Chidinma dragged Gerald and I, out of the little interrogation room.

************************************************************************

We were all seated in the room, as I tried not to think about what happened at the station.

I heard a sly cough, as I looked at Chidinma, who was sitting on her bed with Gerald. She was looking at me with a sorry gaze, before sighing. "I'm sorry."

I creased my brows at her, as I tried to comprehend why she just apologized. My mind was so wrapped up right now, that I wasn't sure if I could comprehend the simplest things. "It's not your fault," I said to her.

"It kind of is," She said, as she stood up and walked over to mine. "I wouldn't had let you go on that date and Genesis, wouldn't had broken up with you, if I hadn't piped in. I was just so..... So mad at the way he manhandled you."

I shook my head with a sigh, "What triggered him was the fact that I didn't hand Bolanle over to the cops. I could have, but he saved your life. I just couldn't." I was finding it difficult to speak cause, I was scared that if I go over to the sensitive part, I might breakdown.

"Genesis wasn't that cute anyways," Chidinma said, as she tried to lighten up the mood. I looked at her with a straight face. I wasn't in the mood for jokes. "Okay, he's super cute but__"

"Chidinma," I sighed. "Please stop." She nodded and walked over to her bed, to sit with Gerald.

I laid on my bed and covered myself with a blanket, as I gently closed my eyes and prayed not to feel this worst by tomorrow.

************************************************************************************************************

A/N     Happy new month guys! We made it!!!!

So, what do you think about....

Itoro in this chapter? ➡

Genesis in this chapter? ➡

Chidinma in this chapter? ➡

And

Gerald in this chapter? ➡

Would love to here your thoughts :-)

Also it's a new months, a time to shine. Do you know what also needs to shine? The little star button on your left below!

So..... Vote 🌟 it won't take much of your time, you won't even feel like you just did something.

Till next time,

Much love,

X
-Eddy