❤Chapter 31❤

The amazing cover above is made by the _universal team. You can join their book club, that's if they are still accepting members.

This chapter is dedicated to ___stephanyy____

Enjoy.

************************************************************************

       Genesis' POV (Point of View)

I looked at Chidinma who was sitting across me and all I wanted to do was laugh like a maniac.

"My father?" I chuckled, "You've got to be kidding me."

"No I'm not!" Chidinma snapped at me. "Your father sent the car to pick up Itoro."

"No, no," Itoro shook her head, "Daniel, sent the car. Chidinma, are you sure you didn't hit your head or something."

"I'm perfectly fine!" Chidinma snapped again, "You've got to believe me. The devil I was talking about, was your father."  She said, pointing at me.

"She's saying the truth," Bolanle voiced out for the first time. "Mr Valentine sent us to kill Itoro."

I slammed my hands on the fancy glass table and looked at all five of them in the eye. I've heard enough of their bullshit. "You want me to sit here and hear about some fuck ass lies about my dad! Then you've got another thing going."

"Calm down man," Gerald tried to calm me down.

"Don't freaking tell me to calm down! Your stupid girlfriend over there, could be lying against my dad!" I yelled using the 'g' word, even though I knew they weren't a couple yet. I was just so mad to even care.

"I know Chidinma very well, "Itoro voiced out. "She could be anything, but lying isn't one of them."

"And you think I don't know my dad?!" I yelled at her. "Why would my dad try to kill you?!"

"That's what we don't know yet," Chidinma said. "And Bolanle over here, isn't aware of his reasons."

Bolaji looked at Bolanle for a split second, "You don't know the reason of the man that sent you to kill someone?"

"Dude, we were paid to kill. We don't have the fucking world to start asking him about his reasons."

"This is bullshit!" I spat.

"Look," Chidinma said, as she leaned forward and looked me in the eye. "I've gotten an idea."

"And what's that?" I asked her.

"We go to the police."

"Chidinma!" Itoro groaned beside me, as she face Palm herself. "That's the worst idea in the history of worst ideas."

"You've got a better idea?" Chidinma asked Itoro, "His very own father wants his downfall! His very own father wants to kidnap you! And I'm sure he was the one that sent Andrew to rape you!" Chidinma then folded her hands against her chest. "The question now is, why?"

"I still don't fucking believe this bullshit!" I said to them. How would they want me to believe that the very person I call father, was doing this to me.

"What if I tell you that I have evidence," Bolanle piped in.

"Which is?" Gerald asked him.

Bolanle took in few breath before he continued his sentence. "Every time we have a call from a new client, we normally put the call in self recording. Just in case they do not meet their own end of the deal. We use the recording to blackmail them."

"Do you have the evidence right now?" Itoro asked Bolanle.

"Yes," Bolanle nodded.

"Something needed to be clear," Itoro voiced out, "Why was Daniel acting so strange from the very beginning? Why was he making weird calls before that test you wanted to take to prove that that lady wasn't your mother? Why was he adamant to send a car to pick me up, when I wanted to travel to the village? Why did he lie that you, would accompany your father to a meeting?"

"I don't know who Daniel is," Bolanle said to Itoro. "Do you want to listen to the evidence or not."

"Except he knew!" Itoro eyes went wide as she tried to put two and two together. "Daniel isn't the bad guy, he was just helping us in the shadow."

"Evidence is over here guys," Bolanle waved his phone at our faces, already feeling frustrated.

"He knew your dad was paying the doctor, so he paid the higher ups, to change the doctor and come up with a legitimate lie." Itoro continued, without minding Bolanle. "He knew your dad would send someone to come pick me up, and also knew that you might not pick me up on time. So he lied about you accompanying your dad, so that I would understand why he was sending a car to come get me."

"But his car came late,"  Chidinma said, interrupting her.

"Then something must have happened then," Itoro said, making me to remember that one of our cars was seriously damaged, and Daniel had to take it to our personal mechanic.

That must have been the car Daniel used.

"And when he stopped me on the way to your room," Itoro said, looking at me. "He was shocked cause he wasn't expecting to see me alive. He actually thought your father had succeeded."

"That doesn't explain anything,"  I said to her. "Why was Daniel so jumpy when we were all waiting for my result at the hospital? Why was he checking his phone so often, and also eager to go out and call the police?"

"T-That I don't know," Itoro admitted. "But we need to focus on your dad first."

"I need prove to believe my dad would do such a thing," I said looking at Itoro.

"There's a fucking evidence right here in my fucking palm!" Yelled Bolanle.

"Then play it!" We all snapped at him.

"I hate you guys," He murmured, before pressing the play button on the sound recording app. We all remained quiet as we listened to the audio.

"Who are we speaking with?" Bolanle said boredly through the sound recorder.

"I heard you are good at your job," I involuntarily gasped. That sounded so much like my dad.

"You didn't answer his question," An unknown voice said, "Ask the question again dragon, and if he doesn't give out the appropriate answer, end the fucking call!" The person talking, sounded like the leader Chidinma told us about.

"I'll ask again," Bolanle voiced out one last time. "Who are we speaking with?"

"Mr Valentine. Does that ring a bell? I'm the owner of the Zeus Enterprise." My dad said through the sound recorder.

"What does a noble, wealthy and well known man, want with us?" Bolanle asked.

"I want someone dead. I want someone blocking my path dead."

How is Itoro blocking his path? I thought he liked her like his own daughter?

"This isn't something we could talk on phone," The leader voiced out. "I'll send you an address of where we would meet, and discuss our deal."

"That's alright with me," Dad said, and the sound recorder stopped after those last words.

Bolanle shoved his phone into his side pocket, before looking at me. "Trust me, we actually met him," Bolanle said to me, before looking me in the eye. "Do you believe me now?"

I slowly nodded my head, as my eyes met his. "More than ever."

************************************************************************************************************

A/N     Hey guys, here's a new chapter. Tell me what you think through the comment section below and also, don't forget to vote 🌟 .

Much love,

X
-Eddy