~Chapter 14~

You wake up in your bed under the blankets still in the black T-shirt. Crowley is pacing at the foot of your bed, Aziraphale nowhere to be found. Your neck feels much better. It's throbbing, but it doesn't hurt as bad as it had before Aziraphale healed you.

"Hey. I'm awake now." Crowley stops pacing.

"Do you want anything? Tea, food?" His face is solemn and serious, traced with concern.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you, though." You sit up. "Where's Aziraphale? What happened after I passed out? How long have I been out?"

"Aziraphale went back to his bookshop and said he had urgent business. After you passed out, I carried you to your bed, where you've been sleeping for around two hours." You consider going back to Aziraphale's and trying again. But that sounds like an awful idea.

"I have something for you. Do you know how to shoot a gun?" Your dad sometimes took you to a shooting range. You're not too good of a shot, but you're half-decent at actually pulling the trigger.

"I can."

"Okay, good. Knowing you, you probably want to head back to Aziraphale because you still haven't done what you wanted to. I'm not going to stop you. Instead, I'm giving you this."

He pulls a small pistol and a matching holster out of his jacket. He then pulls out a few bullets.

"You'll be able to defend yourself with this. Here." He hands the whole kit to you. "Just don't go around shooting people for no good reason. Okay?"

"Of course. Thank you!" You get up.

"When you get back, how about we discuss this prophecy you wrote down?"

"Sounds like a plan."

"Okay, see you. I'll be in the study. Please don't die again." He leaves the room and you get dressed. You find some clothes hanging in the closet. They're just like the ones you messed up and you assume that Crowley cleaned and teleported them back into the closet.

You leave again, and this time, you're on high alert. No time for thinking when someone else can try to kill you. Although, what are the odds you'll get stabbed twice on the same day by different people?

Thankfully, no one passing by comments on the holster around your hip. It would be good to avoid being arrested.

After fifteen minutes of walking, you're there. You enter, and Aziraphale's waiting with two cups of tea in the back room. He's hunched over the large book you saw in the Bentley that Aziraphale borrowed.

"Hey. Crowley probably told you I was coming?" He sits up and smiles at you.

"Yes, he did. You were wondering about this book?" He gestures to the green-covered book in front of him that he'd been reading.

"Yeah. What's the deal with it?"

"It's called 'The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch'. I can't believe I have my hands on a copy of it."

"Wow. It must be really rare."

"It is. It's like the holy grail of prophecy books."

"That's cool! Are all of them right? Like they happened or will happen?"

"Yes. Take a look at this one: 'In December 1980 an Apple will arise no man can eat. Invest thy money in Master Jobbes's machine and good fortune will tend thy days.' That really happened."

"Steve Jobs and Apple!"

"Uh-huh. And this one: 'When that the angel readeth these words of mine, in his shoppe of other menne's books, then the final days are certes upon us. Open thine eyes to understand. Open thine eyes and rede, I do say, foolish principalitee, for thy cocoa doth grow cold.' And Armageddon is coming!"