~Chapter 15~

You're staring at the notebook, trying to figure out the prophecy. Racking your mind for any other possibility than Aziraphale and Crowley's death. It's rare that you ever find anyone to trust, but these two immortal beings have changed your life for the better and you can't let them go.

You're distracted from your thoughts by Crowley banging on your door.

"Yes? What is it?" He opens the door.

"Bad news. Aziraphale still hasn't found the antichrist. And what's more, the Hellhound is named. Now Armageddon is days away depending on how quickly the kid finds out about his powers. Which is probably very soon when you look at the news."

"Huh? Go back. What about Aziraphale?"

"He hasn't been able to find the antichrist even with that creepy old book he stole from the bike lady."

"Her name was Anathema. And did he tell you that?"

"Yeah. And he doesn't lie, I know that." Your stomach twists. Does Aziraphale not trust Crowley...? But you don't say anything. You don't want to rock the boat any more than it already has, and you're sure that Aziraphale must have a good reason. That doesn't have anything to do with not trusting Crowley.

"Alright... What's on the news?"

"Long story short, a bunch of Tibetan people disappeared and no one's found them yet, aliens are landing in Tadfield and spreading messages of universal peace and harmony, Atlantis has appeared, and all the gunk inside a nuclear reactor was somehow replaced with a lemon drop, which is still producing the same amount of power, and the Kraken has suddenly appeared in some ocean."

"Oh my god."

"You mean Satan. And yes, it's insane. The world is going to end. The kid has his powers and we don't even know where he lives. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to call Aziraphale. I might leave for a few. Start packing." He turns on his heels and runs out the door before you can ask or question anything. Like, why are you packing? Where is he going? Why did Aziraphale lie?

Regardless, you follow Crowley's instructions and begrudgingly start putting all your things back into the suitcase. After a minute or two, Crowley opens the door a crack.

"Be back soon." And he's gone. You finish putting everything in the suitcase. You didn't expect it to take so long, but you had to roll up all your clothes. Afterward, you sat on your bed, taking deep breaths and trying to clear your mind. After all, you're going to die in a few days.

Although, it is nice. For example, you know you're going to die. Everyone else on Earth has no idea that the end really is coming. And you've been thrown into an incredible world where demons and angels and God exists. Heaven exists.

How did you not think of that before? Your parents.

Your amazing, wonderful parents who raised you into the person you are today. They didn't mind that you couldn't talk to people all that well. They taught you about cars, books, how to shoot a gun. They were everything and all you had.

And their minds are living on, in Heaven, watching over you. They're still here.

You smile and try to hold back any tears that may fall down your cheeks. That's another plus to Armageddon-- you'll get to see them soon. 

You hear the front door open and slam shut. Heavy footsteps across the flat. Crowley's home.

You walk into the living room just as the study door slams shut. What happened?

You knock on the study door.

"Hello? Are you doing okay? What happened?" No response. But you do hear a voice.