~Chapter 19~

You wake up feeling pretty good. But something feels off.

You get up and dressed and go to Crowley's study. You hear two voices-- Crowley's and someone else's. Their voices are hushed and you can't hear anything of what they're saying.

You decide not to knock, as you don't want to interrupt anything.

A moment later, the voices stop and Crowley runs through the door and straight into you standing there.

"Hi, sorry," you say. "I was going to knock but I heard you talking to someone, so I waited." He just stares at you with a slack jaw.

"Yeah, that's okay, that's fine, how much did you hear? SHIT." He storms past you and starts pacing really badly.

"I didn't hear anything. What's going on?"

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck..." He mutters.

"Crowley, what's wrong?"

"They're coming."

"Who are?"

"Um. Two demons who are a grade higher than me. Kind of like a boss. And they're coming to whip my ass because I'm trying to stop Armageddon and I hang out with an angel. They don't know about you though. I suggest you leave right now and forget any of this happened."

"What?"

"I said leave, right now! I promised Aziraphale I'd keep you safe. That's what I'm doing."

"What about you?"

"I'm sure I'll find a way out of it. Now go." He turns around and goes into the study again. You follow as quietly as you can. There's no way you can leave him to fend them off by himself.

He pulls back the unusual Mona Lisa drawing. Behind it is a locked safe and he struggles to open it with his shaking hands. You walk over and tap his shoulder.

"Leave!" he says.

"No. What's the code?" He stands back and sighs.

"Guess there's no stopping you. It's the year I tempted Eve." You thought back to when you read the Bible.

"Oh. Okay." You put in the numbers 4-0-0-4 and it clicks open. Inside is a thermos. You pull it out and start to twist the cap off.

"Careful with that! Don't open it yet!"

"What's inside?"

"Insurance."

"What does that mean?"

"It's holy water. Remember what it does to demons?"

"So we're going to kill them?"

"Well, try, at least." He leaves and grabs a bucket. "Put all the holy water in there. It should kill one of them and we can deal with the second one somehow."

"Okay." You carefully open the cap and pour a decent amount in but you leave a bit inside the thermos. "I'll be right back."

"Alright. I'll finish getting set up. When you hear the front door open, hide somewhere. Just make sure they don't see you. Don't be a hero, for Satan's sake."

"I'll try. No promises." You walk out the door.

"Y/N, that's not comforting!" he yells as you walk to the kitchen. But he doesn't say anything.

In the kitchen, you boil the tiny bit of holy water left on the stove. This is going to be tricky...

In the cabinet, you find three cups. Two of them have dark red trimming, the other one has dark orange trimming. Barely noticeable unless you're looking for it. Perfect.