~Chapter 21~

A/N: Trigger warning of suicide. If you can't read that, then you shouldn't read it past this part... It's a major plot point. Sorry! Anyways, onto the story...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There's no chance for us, it's all decided for us. This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us." Who Wants to Live Forever by Queen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Crowley?" you ask. You just realized you forgot a few things at home, and with Armageddon coming and all, you should probably have them. Just in case.

"Yeah?"

"Uh. I forgot my gun and notebook."

He snaps and they're both sitting in your lap, the gun in its holster.

"Teleportation is relatively easy."

"Okay, thanks." You strap the gun to your waist.

Aziraphale peeps up. "Good, we need a gun. We're going to have to kill the antichrist." That's... harsh. He probably doesn't even know that he has so much power, he just... deals with it and pretends that it doesn't exist.

Crowley sighs. "Okay, Aziraphale." The car stops. "Damn traffic... What's up with the M25-- oh. That's right. Um, Y/N?"

"Yeah...?" Your stomach twists.

"Buckle up, and please try not to die. I'll try my best to make sure you don't die, too."

"What?"

Suddenly, the car jolts forward. You look to your side at Crowley, who's smirking.

"What are you doing?"

Aziraphale sighs. "Just close your eyes and ignore everything happening outside."

"Okay." You close your eyes and focus on the feeling of the notebook in your hands, the impression of the prophecy etched into the paper.

And then the car gets hot. Not unbearable, but it's still insane for this time of year. Any time of year, actually. But again, somehow, you just feel the heat, not the pain or discomfort that this much heat would bring.

You open your eyes a crack and the world outside is bright orange. You look to Crowley again, who's looking particularly demonic right now. No wonder it's so hot in here.

"I told you not to open your eyes..." Aziraphale mumbles in a low voice only you can hear. If Crowley's the only reason you're still alive, then it's best not to bother him in case he's distracted.

So instead, you nod and squeeze your eyes shut, blocking the bright light from your eyes.

After a few minutes, the heat starts to cease. You open your eyes again, and now you, Aziraphale, and Crowley are through the wall of flame. Unfortunately, the car's still on fire, so...

You lean back in your seat.

Crowley speaks. "Aziraphale. Directions?"

Aziraphale takes control and guides Crowley to the airbase.

An old man, looking particularly grumpy as he walks his dog, stops to gape at the flaming Bentley. You grin and wave through the window as you pass by and he just stares.

After a while of driving through the woods, you come across a huge, fenced building.

You and Crowley get out and walk to the guard who's reading a book. (Quick A/N: In the TV show, he's reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman, one of the coauthors of the book version of Good Omens. So hooray for easter eggs! But he's not reading American Gods in this story, sorry. You'll understand why soon.)