~Chapter 17~

You wake up and immediately check the clock. Ten am. Well, you did have a late night last night. Your stomach churns at the memory of Crowley ruffling your hair-- you can almost still feel where his hands touched you.

You get up and get dressed. From how things have been, today will probably be a busy day.

When you leave your room, you see Crowley sitting on the couch.

"Oh, you're up and ready to go." He stands. "Come on, we have stuff to do."

"Should I eat first?"

"Nope."

"If it was this important, you could have woken me up!"

"Aziraphale's waiting, come on."

"What?" He's gone through the front door. You consider taking a slice of bread but decide against it. You're just going to trust Crowley with this one.

In the Bentley, Crowley's looking slightly impatient.

"What's going on?" He starts driving towards Aziraphale's bookshop.

And Aziraphale's waiting just outside. As you get out to give up the front seat, he smiles brightly.

"Ah, you're awake! You're going to enjoy this. They make the best crepes." Huh?

Inside the Bentley, Aziraphale looks back at you and sees your confused expression.

"Crowley, did you tell her anything?" You see him smirk in the rear-view mirror.

"Nope."

"What did you tell her?"

"Once she woke up, I told her to get moving and not eat anything."

"Oh, dear. Well, Y/N, we're going to my favorite crepe shop! That's why Crowley didn't want you to eat."

"So... We're taking an off day?" This time, Crowley's the one to respond.

"Well, Shadwell's already on the case. Now we wait." Aziraphale interrupts.

"Sergeant Shadwell? The witchfinder? I just sent him to check out the antichrist. I was planning on telling you at the creperie."

"Well, I guess we both sent his men to Tadfield."

"Ah, well. Anyway, Y/N, have you ever had crepes?"

"I... don't think so."

"Oh, you're in for a treat!"

"Can't wait!"

"They're very good. I once even convinced Crowley to try one and he liked it!"

"Wow, really? He liked them? They must be amazing." Crowley groans in annoyance.

"They are. They come with this sour cream on top that goes against the sweetness of the jam so perfectly!"

"That sounds amazing. I'm glad I skipped breakfast!" Aziraphale looks back and grins at you. You hope he doesn't like marshmallows in his cocoa he sometimes drinks while reading books, because that would be cannibalism.

Crowley suddenly accelerates and Aziraphale gasps.

"Crowley! You go too fast!" Crowley sighs.

"Yeah, sure, angel. Y/N likes acceleration."

"Why'd you have to bring me into this? And besides, that was an old road with no one on it. This is on a busy street in the middle of London during lunch hour!" Aziraphale yelps.