vi. MONTGOMERY vs. GREY

ACT: ONE
CHAPTER vi: ' montgomery versus grey. '

           "That'll be the las' bloody time I ever invite you to a family dinner

           "That'll be the las' bloody time I ever invite you to a family dinner."

Polly spoke through the curtain of the dressing room of Eli's dress shop. Eli merely rolled her eyes, swinging her foot in the air with one leg crossed over the other in sheer impatience. "Are you done yet?"

"No." Came the woman's sharp response. "I'm still cross at you for teasing John back. The wanker doesn't need encouragement from you too, he already has enough from Ada and Arthur laughing at him."

"I was talking about the dress, Pol. Hurry up." The blonde commanded, glancing at the front door to make sure no new customers had came in while she was at the back with Polly. "I want to see it."

The curtain snapped back and revealed Polly Grey in a sophisticated dress Eli had ordered from London just for her. The seamstress was quick to run her eyes over the dress in examination. It was a unusual shade of blue, dark and light all at once, a little tint of green and teal, and it was knee length with a lace layer that prolonged the length down over her calves. But Polly's arms were crossed over chest, blocking the midriff and chest area.

"Did you hear a word I just said?"

"No." Eli stood up from her chair, place one hand on her hip and made a twirling motion with her other. "Give me a spin."

"Elizabeth Montgomery."

"Polly Grey." Eli drawled out in a long breath. She had been trying to avoid the conversation Polly was deadser on having but it seemed she wouldn't be able to get her way this time around. She sighed heavily, positive if Pol's eyes narrowed any further they'd resembled snake-like slits. "Look I was just messing with John 'cause he wouldn't wise the fuck up and leave me be. I teased him a little, so what?"

Polly's gaze softened slightly before she forced it to hard again. "Don't flirt with John."

The blonde gave a mock salute and smiled like a vixen. "Yes, ma'am."

The older woman turned back to look at the thin mirror in the dressing room and uncrossed her arms so she could have a look for herself. "And don't call me ma'am."

"Would you prefer 'Sir'?" Eli cocked her head to the side, bring her hand under her chin in a thoughtful manner.

"God, you're just as bad as a Shelby sometimes." She shook her head before turning back to Eli and placing both her hands on her hips. "Don't go taking that as a compliment."