xxvii. A BIT LIKE TOKYO

ACT: THREE
CHAPTER xxvii: ' a bit like tokyo! '

           The grand reopening of the Garrison was supposed to be a joyous affair

           The grand reopening of the Garrison was supposed to be a joyous affair. They had all the reason to celebrate: Arthur was in the best mood he'd ever been in for literal months; Ada and Karl had travelled up from London to join them; John was eager to challenge Eli to another drinking match and win this time; and Finn had convinced the twins that the reopening was their surprise welcome home party.

Yet where there was reason to celebrate in the little hobbit hole of Small Heath, there was chaos. Arthur was only in a good mood because of the unhealthy levels of serotonin running through his bloodstream, thanks to Finn's little blue bottle of a drug called Tokyo, and Ada had only came per Tommy's request to talk some sense into a grief stricken Pol who was determined to go off the rails after Thomas refused to tell her the current address of her son. Not to mention, Eli had also tried some Tokyo earlier in the night to make sure it was technically save for Finn to be using and then had to turn to more alcohol to stop the comedown.

Eventually, Eli had to forfeit her match with John and join Polly's side at the bar after witnessing her order more than three drinks for herself all in one go. She was already past tipsy when Eli had arrived and it seemed she was only getting drunk by the second. "Pol, slow down, will ya?" Eli warned the woman who was ordering shots at the bar as if they were nothing more than drinking water.

But there was no slowing the train-wreck Polly was heading straight for tonight. She had no intention of stopping; the only things on her agenda tonight were to get obliterated and maybe get some action off one of the handsome men in the corner.

"Relax, 'liza. I'm just having a little fun for once," Polly grinned wildly — but it was an over exaggerated smile, one that deepened the frown on Eli's face. Pol didn't seem to notice and threw her arm around Eli's shoulders and leaned in to whisper in her ear. "You should see the bloke giving me the eye behind you."

Eli let Polly pull back and return to her drinks on the bar before she snuck a glance over her shoulder to try and find the man Polly was talking about. But there was no males behind her unless Polly had drunkenly mistaken the hairy woman at the table with Karl in her arms as a man. She turned back to correct Pol, only to find it had been a rouse for Polly to distract her while she make a swift getaway — and by swift, she meant tumble right and left into a crowd of people while giggling her ass off into her glass like a schoolgirl.

Not even Eli could reach the brakes at this point.

With a defeated sigh, Eli grabbed the drink Polly had forgotten off the bar and downed it in one. A heavy cringe forced itself upon her face as she swallowed the liquid and realised with startling concern how strong the alcohol Polly had ordered was. She'd be surprised if she wasn't passed out in the gutter by the time the sun came back up.