xi. BLONDIE'S IN LOVE

ACT: TWO
CHAPTER xi: ' blondie's in love. '

           "You keep staring at thon Shelby boy like that and everyone's gonna think ye'r in love with 'im or som'

"You keep staring at thon Shelby boy like that and everyone's gonna think ye'r in love with 'im or som'." Marie Montgomery's sharp voice was what snapped Eliza out of her thoughts.

The blonde blinked away the echoes of her daydream to look at her smirking mother and then at the blushing girl beside her. Unable to holdback a bark of laughter, Eli threw her head back and laughed at Mila's reddening cheeks. All the while Marie exchanged an amused look with her other daughter, Rosalie, who was giggling into her hand at her twin's embarrassment of getting caught staring.

They'd decided to pop out for some tea and cakes down at the local cafe — one that little Finn Shelby had coincidentally decided to visit at the exact same time as the Montgomery's.

Marie had used the excuse that she hadn't spent enough time with all three of her girls in a while, but Eli was old enough to know she only brought out that excuse when their father was having an IRA meeting in the house. Fortunately, the twins never suspected a thing. They were all too happy to stuff their faces with cake and any other pastries they could get their sticky little hands on.

But Mila's crush on Finn was something that was becoming more apparent by the day. Her bright blue eyes that mirrored her elder sister's had not left the boy since the moment he'd entered the small cafe with a brooding John Shelby in tow.

An act that had not went missed by eagle eyed Marie Montgomery.

"Mila's been crushing on Finn for years, ma." It had been Eli to respond first after recovering from her laughter.

Unsurprisingly, Eli's words did nothing to discourage the flaming redness from coating Mila's cheeks; but it certainly did earn her an annoyed growl.

The eldest of the three sisters simply grinned at Mila's attempt to scold her while their mother rolled her eyes and turned back to her newspaper on the table; a scoff leaving her lips as she did. "A Montgomery and a Shelby, who would have thought, eh?"

"I wish he brought Isaiah." Rose sighed wistfully as she turned back in her seat after looking over to see who Finn was with and brought her cupcake back to her lips.

Eli choked on her tea, bringing a hand to her lips while also trying to sit her cup down before she split more of it. Mila and Rose didn't seem to notice but their mother did, though she didn't react to it causing Eli to inwardly sigh in relief. However, her relief was short lived, the worry of how her mother was going to react to Rose's earlier statement outweighed all the other thoughts in her head.