It's Great Being A Senior

(Authors Note: I have never been to Busch Gardens so I dont know what is and isnt there...just bear with me. And i didnt proof read this yet sooo enjoy 😁)

(Serena's POV)

After breakfast everyones excitement came back. With our stomachs full of delicious food, we are now ready to head over to Busch Gardens and have fun.

I was happy being away from my mom. She still had me on lockdown and the only time I got to see Deion was during school. So it was good to be withhim for two weeks with out worrying that my mom would catch us together and ban me to some forsaken island.

"Everyone gather around!" Mrs. Fields, our vice principal, calls out, clapping to try and capture everyone's attention. She was a short round lady with some nice weave and a pretty chocolate complexion. "Please, everyone listen up." She says in her sweet little voice. She glares around the dining hall before climbing onto her chair and clinking a spoon against her glass of orange juice. "Listen up you mangy wilder beast!"

The whole grade immediately quiets down and turns to look at her. She smiles sweetly as us and climbs down from the chair with help from Mr. Andrews, the high school counselor.

"As you all know there are a few ground rules to keep you all in check." She says. "First of all, ya'll need to travel in groups cuz I don't wanna have to tell ya mama's why you aint with us." We laugh and she continues. "Second of all, there is no leaving the park grounds unless accompanied by one of our staff. Especially you girls, dont even think about leaving with one of them nappy headed boys." Another round of laughter before Mrs. Fields continues. "And lastly, if there is any type of emergency and one of us aren't around, go to the information booth and they'll contact us. Understood?"

"Yes ma'am!" We yell to her.

She smiles proudly. "Ok then, now go forth to the buses!" She shouts running towards the doors. Deion grabs my hand we follow the crowd of seniors running towards the bus with Mrs. Fields in the lead.

We board the two buses and after head count we ride the couple miles to Busch Gardens.

"Yo, Ima be burnt by the time we get back to the hotel. This sun is burning me up already." Deion says to me, fanning his arm.

"I'm not even hot yet." I say to him.

"I know," he says giving me a small smile. "It's just me."

I laugh at him and he gives me a blank face like he's dead serious. "You are so corny."

"Mmm but you love me." He says leaning over and kissing my cheek. I push him back playfully and roll my eyes at him.

Tamara turns around in her seat to face us. "We're making groups to travel around in. You wanna be in ours?"

I exchange a look with Deion an he shrugs. I look back at Tamara's waiting eyes. "Yeah, who else is in it?"

"Alicia, Jacob, Ray, Jaida, Chris, Craig, Jasmine and Autumn." She says pointing everyone out. I was happy to be put into a group with my bestfriends and even happier that my boyfriend gets to join.

Chris turns around and looks between me and Deion. "Ya'll go out?" He asks. I nod and he draws invisible hearts in the air. "Ooh girl that ca-yute. Since when ya'll started dating, spil the beans honey."

Across the isle from us Jaida burst out laughing. "Ew Chris, you ratchet as ever."

Chris looks over at her, rolling his neck as he does so. "At least I aint wearing a lace front like your boo thang. Or clip in hair extensions like Ray."

Everyone around us starts laughing, even Mrs. Fields. With a smile on my face I glance out the window. This is going to be a good day, I can tell.