Chapter 4

Eric POV

Eric POV

I held onto Valentina's small frame on my laps I could see the swell of her stomach. An unexpected pride filled my every being.

The feeling to know that they is a life inside there was to overwhelming that I felt like jumping on the moon.

"When will she wake up?" I asked the closest person you can call a doctor. To be able to find a doctor in such an area fast and late wasn't easy so we found someone closest to it. Travis the landlord had already left after calling the man standing in front of me saying he had something to take care of.

"I can't tell when see will be awake but she will soon" The short red headed man spoke out.

I gaze at the fragile woman on my laps, she looks so peaceful "Do you know what could be the cause of a state?"

He sigh before speaking "Dehydration I suppose"

I glance up briefly at the man "You suppose?"

"There could be more which I can't explain I strongly suggest she be taken to a hospital for check up to avoid any harm on the baby" He spoke out.

I frowned my face "Why does that not sound pleasant at all?"

He shrug his shoulder "Because it isn't. Just do what I just said"

I murmured an 'okay' "Thank you. Am sure you won't be a problem for you leaving?" I softly spoke to him.

Hr shook his head "No I won't Mr Smith, take care" He said then left.

************

A groan pulled me off my nap making gaze at the woman in my arms.

"You're awake" I said to her staring at her fragile state.

Her eyes snapped to mine "Eric?" Her voice sounded weak.

I nodded my head at her words "Yes It's Eric, wait here while I get a bottle of water" I shifted her to sit on the couch.

I noticed her confused state "But I don't have any item here"

I sigh running my fingers through my hair "I ordered Donald to get items from the groceries and don't think you don't have an explaining to do" I stated out then left her to get some water.

I head to the refrigerator in the kitchen to pull out a bottle when a voice stopped me short "I'm sorry" Valentina spoke out making me halt I realised she had followed me.

I turn to gaze at her "You shouldn't be standing up not in your state" I cautioned her while leading her to the sit on the kitchen stool I found in the the kitchen. I sat her down then realise the tears dropping from her eyes.

"I'm so sorry for running from you even when I should be with you. Am sorry for trying to keep our child from you, I was thinking I could raise this child on my own but I could never be more wrong. I almost killed myself and that of our child" She sob out looking distress.

A pang pinched went through my heart at her state, a feeling of protectiveness over took me making me wrap my arms around her "Shoo, it okay, it okay" Her cries made her whole body shook making me scared for her life and that of the baby.

"No it not!" She pulled herself from my hold "I've hurt you in more ways I can't explain, have hurt your family, my best friends all because of my own selfish needs. I am messed up, I feel wicked I feel totally like a bitch" She yelled the words out like it had been hanging in on her chest "And I didn't know why you wanted to marry me. Do you know why I ran?" I stood still then shook my head "I ran for two reasons. One, I was too ashamed yo face your families after all I have done but now I think it best I face them. Two, I was born into a messed up family, my father got married to my mother all because she was pregnant and he wanted his child baring his name and their marriage ended up being a disaster.."

She stepped towards me slowly "...they were always quarrelling everyday. I don't want that for my child. I know how it feels but now I know it comes from my parent non of them were calm for themselves they are both hot and I know with you it can't be the same" My posture stood firm anticipating her next word "I'll love to marry you for our child for our sanity. My sanity. So will you Eric Smith marry me?"

*******************

Thank you for reading. Please vote and comment down below.

Thank you💋💋💋