Chapter 12

Valentina POV

Valentina POV

I sat by the window side gazing at the pleasing view. The sight help my mood of the day, I needed a lot of courage for what I was about to encounter by visiting my so called parent.

I sigh feel disheartened for what more that's about to come. And am afraid this was going to break Eric for sure. I doubt he would ever forgive me once he finds out the type of woman I am.

"Are you ready?" The man currently on my thought spoke out breaking me from my thought.

"Yeah" I sigh out standing up carefully from the chair.

Eric stretched his hand out for my taking which I gratefully accepted. His warm welcoming hand filled me with a lot of courage for my next state.

Gazing at Eric as he led me out of the mansion my stare refused to weaver from his even as we were seated in the car as Donald drove us to our destination.

"What's with the stare?" Eric broke me off my trance. My cheek became hot which am sure has turned tomatoes paste when I realize he had caught me.

I cleared my throat sitting up then turn my gaze to the other side of the door "I wasn't staring" I said out trying to make it appear more genuine.

Eric's chuckled filled the whole place and my ear "Yeah, keep telling yourself that" He snorted out.

I shifted my glare at him "Your words are irrelevant and untrue" I snap at him already feeling my mood accelerating.

"I could say the same"

This time around I choose to ignore him. After the past event that took place I have come to think about my life. And I hope it doesn't come to hurt or break another person.

"We're here" Donald broken the mouth-swallowing silence before stepping out to pull open the door beside me while Eric had jump out of the car.

Offering me a hand for support I thanked Donald in appreciation as I step out. At the shut of the door Eric appeared at my line of view blocking off the sight of the restaurant. I could see my parent and sisters sitting waiting through the glass widow.

"You don't need to do this. We could just go back home and pretend none of this happened" Eric suggested the concern in his voice almost making me break down in tears.

I shook my head in disagreement "No, I need to do this"

He sigh deeply before replying "Okay"

Not wasting much time he lead me in. Immediately stepping in we walked straight to where they were all seated. My mother Margo still looked the same her blond hair straightened perfectly, her expensive black dress which held her body well, and perfected make up all courtesy to the money my sisters and I get her and my father or even worst the money they both used in selling me. One seeing her would think she was a saint but she was nothing but a devil.

James her father sat beside his wife knocking his fingers impatiently on the table. Vivian kept popping the gum in her mouth while Rafela took a sip of water from her glass of water.

Vivian sighted me first "Finally. I was already planning to leave your ass here if you had wasted anymore minutes because unlike you I've things to attend to" She dryly remark at me making the others tale notice of my arrival.

Always the same cold welcoming

"Thank you for all being here" I spoke out after sitting down with Eric seated beside me.

Vivian snort out "Like we have a choose. Your money machine here threatened us" Her pointed glare shifted to Eric "Such a loyal man. I wonder if he would still be the same after finding out the type of a woman you are"

My burning glare pierced Vivian's "I didn't come here for you to criticise me. I came here to cut all ties with you devils"

Silence filled their mist before a chuckle broke in "And who told you we care" James said nonchalantly.

My eyes blur with tears threatening to pour down at his words. A warm hand held mine making me glance at the man beside me. Eric doesn't know but his touch gave me strength and courage.

"Why?" Rafela's questioned staring at me expectantly after my comment. Vivian's also filled with curiosity.

"Because this family is toxic for me and I don't want my baby having anything to do with it"

Margo. As I choose to now acknowledge her scoff out rolling her eyes "Toxic? How dare you call us toxic?" Her belief expression turned sour to a snare, her acerbic attitude still the same as always.

"What makes you think we are toxic?" Rafela calmly ask.

"Why don't you ask your so-called parent" Eric intervene.

Vivian's brow furrow in confusion "Our parent?" Her gaze and Rafela's shifted to James and Margo "What does he mean by asking you both?"

Margo looked bewildered trying to appear blank but fear could still be traced on her face "The hell I know what that means"

Eric's hold on me tightened his face turned to a full on murderous "Since you've both seem to pretend oblivious let me make it then known.." He shifted he gaze at my sisters "..Have you by any chance heard of a man named Alexander Luis?"

Rafela sat up while Vivian fidget uncomfortable on her seat taking a huge gulp of water from her own glass.

"What about that devil?" Vivian said after swallowing up the water.

Eric smirk evilly "From your expressions and word you both don't find him very pleasing. How bad will It feel to..." He was cut off my a snare.

"Don't you dare!" James snap at him staring intensely at him trying to appear intimidating.

My gaze shifted around the restaurant to see if we have somehow managed to get anyone's attention because the last thing I would need is a scene.

Thankfully there were none. I was free of people except those standing behind the counter who occasionally glance at our direction maybe somehow finding it entertaining.

"Why won't I, Mr Turner? When you decided its the best thing doing by selling Valentina to him" Vivian and Rafela gasp in shock "How are you both sure they won't do the same to you?"

At Eric's statement all hell broke loose

A very regular thing that happens occasionally in the Turner's family.

*********************

Thank you for reading The Billionaire's Best Mistake!

Don't forget to vote and comment.

More chapters today.

Thank you once again.