Chapter 20

Valentina POV

"There is nothing you would say or do to change my mind. I'm leaving you Eric bu-"

My sense of reasoning turn to deaf ear as a clash of cutlery hitting the smooth surface wall of the dinning echoed around the still quite room except from the movement of flinch at the sudden reaction.

"Eric!" Justin's booming voice snapped out in disappointment, probably from his brother's sign of weakness.

Eric has always been the well reserved and cool temper type, always know as the peacemaker of the Smith's family and his sudden reaction baffle the entire people seated. Including I also—this is certainly one of the reasons I need to leave right this instance. I'm nothing but trouble.

Always has and always will be.

Lisa is the living evidence of it.

Victoria also with the burning glare she kept throwing at me ever since I had arrived.

Justin was a no go area, the guy hates me to the core. His body language reveals it all.

Entirely everyone seated feels uncomfortable with me presence. And that hurts so badly.

A tears perk from the corner of my eyes threatening to rush out at the know realization. What hurts most was Eric's lack of care.

"Why the hell are doing this again. Running to Texas wasn't enough for you now? Ehh? Not to talk less of you leaving with my child. You're not taking him or her anywhere" His blue sea eye burn in hatred.

"So this is what all this is about? Your child?"

"Why wouldn't I be concern? I'm certainly not like your parent who neglect, abandoned or used you. So you should understand the meaning of parenthood!" He yelled out standing up from his seat facing me in a glaring competition. In a flash he scoff "Why should I be surprise you know nothing, only but to destroy people's marriage" My heart shattered into many pieces at his comment.

Such unfamiliar loathing words coming from his mouth stamped my broken heart. Not because the total hatred he spoke with but with the knowledge that all he said were true.

Very true.

I was a homewrecker

My eyes gaze around at the entire people seated all sat not helping or defending me, just watching the whole heartbreaking show. They must really hate me so deeply.

Caleb stood to raise in my defence but I shook my head brief, telling myself I could handle it but internally I was broken to pieces

"Didn't I tell you, you would one day regret this Eric? She was only playing with your kind heart like she did mine an-" Justin imputed but was immediately cut off by Victoria smacking his arm.

"Don't I?" At that final word I knew it was enough.

I stepped away from my position moving to the far end trying to face the entire people seated "I'm so sorry for the harm I've cause each and everyone of you. If I could go back to time and change it I would, but I can't. Lisa I'm sorry for breaking your trust and I hope that one day you'll forgive me but I'll only be deceiving myself, Victoria, Justin I know the harm I've caused you but and sorry can't cut out to it but I'm deeply sorry" Justin face remained blank while his wife's had her face conc deep in thought. I pause taking in a deep breath facing the man of my dream who stared at me intensely "Eric, I'm sorry, you're in this entire situation because of me, I wish I hadn't stepped into the club that particular night, one side I'm sorry the other side I'm not because I wouldn't have receive such precious gift from you"

His clenched hand softened a little bit as he digest my statement.

"I may turn up to be a shitty mother but only the future can tell. Also I'm not taking your baby from you. They will be part of you life but I wouldn't. To cut down to it all. I'm sorry"

"It time let's go" Caleb tall figure stood up as went around to get me leading me from the room as it becomes suffocating.

"Caleb you knew?" Hurt lace in Eric widened look.

Not responding lead me out as Eric's voice yelling out my name from behind filled my senses. I turn to glance at him one last time as he was held back by Sebastian and James.

A tears sipped out as I settled into Caleb's car filled with my luggage. I rest my head on the tinted black glass window as Caleb pulled out from the drive away.

A small figure of Eric dashing from the mansion running towards the car made it a whole lot harder.

"Are you okay?" Caleb's concern voice asked, he had probably seen Eric from the side mirror.

I nod my head "Never been better" I murmured.

Just Worst.

******************

Falling for Eric will soon come to an end.

Thanks for reading.

Lots of love❤❤❤❤❤