Chapter 9

Eric POV

"Take a drink you'll feel alright" Caleb said to Jane after given her a sit then handed her a glass if water which she gratefully accepted without hesitation.

Still processing what she said a few minutes ago I stopped pacing back and forth then turn to face her "What makes you think she was taken" I asked feeling curious.

Swallowing down the water in her mouth the redheaded lady reply "Eight days ago she called me apologizing for not tell me where she had been When a knock on the door put a stop to our conversation. Good thing she didn't cut the call because I wouldn't know who that was" She casted her eyes down in sadness.

Well come to thing of it Jane did look familiar. I had met her before, her now red hair was black then. It memory of what happened that night I met she and Valentina was still fresh in my head because if that night hadn't exist I wouldn't have had anything to do with Valentina.

There wouldn't even be a baby.

"What happened?" Sebastian questioned putting his elbows on his laps while studying Jane carefully. I would say this was the first time he ever stared at a lady nonsexually.

Jane deeply sigh before continuing "Valentina once dated a guy called Alexander Luis is a well known business tycoon in Brazil. They both dated for some months still Xander started showing another side of him Valentina never knew about, he had bipolar disorder. After ending things with him, he still pester her by threatening any guy she dates and forcing them to end things with her, the stubborn ones who refuse in ending things gets severely beating up to the point on medical treatment. Valentina had a restraining order against him which he didn't bother her again but somehow he came back for her. I heard her called out his name 'Xander' though the phone"

I clenched my fist in anger wanting to punch something. Just two weeks ago we saved Victoria from a psychopath and now another has come to cause more damage on my wife to be. I fear I might lose she and the baby.

"Why did it take you this long to get to us?" Caleb gaze at her intensely making me reason the same. Why did it take her this long to contact us? I suspiciously studied her.

"I've no idea where I could find you or contact you. I managed to find your company but when I got there they told me I need to have an appointment with you to get to you. And when I decide to wait for behind for you, somehow you manage to sneak out without me finding out. Then I remembered a fast smart private investigator Valentina introduced to me who I contacted to find your home location and within a few minutes he did. That how am even able to speak to you now" She stop taking a deep breath after her speech then stopped her sharp gaze shifted to everyone in the room with her "Wait a second, are you people thinking I had a hand in this?"

At her statement I immediately felt guilty for even thinking she had a hand in this for a moment "No why would we? We just need to set things straight" I respond lying through my teeth but she manage to buy my lame excuse.

"Who is this man? And why didn't you contact him to help you locate Valentina?" Sebastian asked

Jane took her time before replying "His name is Bennett Wilinki. A computer genius. He was helpful enough to locate Valentina's whereabout. I know where she is I just help from you guys that why am here. Your influence and connection can help" Her gaze moved to mine "And you deserve to know because she's carrying your child"

Nodding my head I sat down in relief "Where is she"

"Strangely it reveals she's in LA" Jane dig into her purse and pulled out a piece of paper "This is where she is"

At her comment I gaze at the paper. Not wasting any more time I stood up followed by Caleb and Sebastian "Let's go we don't have much time to waste, only God knows what that man is planning keeping her close behind"

How much of a fool could I be? She is more closer that I ever thought. Which is very strange.

We all dashed out of the room heading to the living room when Mrs Jones appeared in front of us with a puzzled look.

Immediately my guard went up "What wrong Mrs Jones?" I asked cautiously anticipating her next comment.

I didn't get to hear her next word when a young lady stepped into the view with blood covering her hands and clothes.

"Valentina?"

***********************

Thank you for reading!!

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Lots of love to you guys without you The Billionaire's Best Mistake wouldn't have hit 1k reads.

Thank you once again.