Chapter 5

Dedicated to Brind2y2

Valentina POV

Currently am sitting alone in my little apartment. The loneliness of the house was slowly killing me and creep into my senses trying to take over my mind and sanity.

Eric unfortunately had gone back to LA after receiving the news of Victoria's kidnap. Deep within me I pray she was safe even if we were not in a friend zone, I still don't want any harm coming her way, I know how it felt.

I sigh, my mind went back to what I had said to Eric two weeks ago. What was I thinking? How could I propose to him? Thinking about it now I sounded kind of desperate but isn't that what I am?

Eric stun expression will forever be imprinted in my memory. I felt like banging my head on a concrete wall. How stupid can I get?

My mind went back to after the event he had asked Donald to drive us straight to the hospital with fear of me already losing my senses. I guess he never expected it but he didn't fail to use the opportunity to make me have a check up which turns out at I was indeed okay, just a little stress.

With the fear for my baby's life in danger I asked for a Scan. The moment experienced of hearing the heartbeat of our child was so strong that I was at the point of tears, Eric was no different. Unfortunately the sex of the baby couldn't be known yet

He had the baby's sonogram kept closest to him. In his wallet. He didn't also fail to have me register for my monthly check up here in Texas before we transfer back to LA much to my displeasure.

I was unable to go along with him because of my state, also the encounter of when he found me in my room looking fragile was enough for him to disagree.

Feeling left out I picked up my phone scrolling into it, not before noticing the missed calls from my parent and siblings making roll my eyes at it. I don't have time for them and their quote of disappointment, when I get to LA I'll face them all once and for all.

A particular message caught my attention 'Lisa' she had chatted me up. A smile broke out on my face.

I click on it to read out;

6:34am

Lisa: Where the hell are you V?!!

My heart immediately flow with joy but It came crashing when I noticed the date. It was three hours before the news about my pregnancy came out, I had actually gone out for a morning jog only to come back seeing the whole family sited in the sitting room while waiting for Justin and his wife to get down.

Painful tears rolled down my eyes. I had reign a lot of good things in my life am no different from being a homewrecker. I am one. I sometimes find it hard to live with myself, I felt like a devil's angel.

Deep inside me I fear the Smith's will never welcome me back into their family. But I think it's about time I start making a move to gain their trust back. I don't want to loose the best thing that had already happened to me. Never.

I wiped up my tears with my palm. Picking up the phone I dropped on my laps I dialed one of my trusted investigator's number. It time I start with help those I offended.

"Good morning Valentina how may I help you?" A manly voice spoke out.

I sigh in relief "I need your help Ben in finding someone, and I trust you will be able to do so quickly"

"And who may that be?" Ben asked, I could hear the type of a keyboard.

"Victoria Smith please I need you to locate her fast, she was kidnapped two weeks ago"

Silence filled the line a second "Hold on a minute I'll will locate her immediately" Feeling relief by his words I slump back on the chair I was sitting on.

Meeting Ben Tyson was the best and worst thing that had ever happened in my life. Why? He brought me the worst thing that has ever happened to me and also the best thing that had ever happened to me. He was one smart kid. His ever dream is to work as secret technology agent, and I hope his dreams come to past. Currently he is just a normal boy sitting at opposite a computer screen playing video games, breaking codes and hacking systems. If he were to put his mind in him talent he will sure make it. I hope he does.

You should know he is one talented guy.

"Found her" The sound of his voice snapped me out of my thought.

So fast? I internally thought to myself. He was one technology talented genius.

"I tracked her phone. It wasn't an easy one, technically asking for a location of a phone needs to be permitted by the phone company which can only be granted by a warrant from a judge. But due to experience I manage to hack into their system to locate her phone. She is currently in a lone area around northern woods near a lake. I'll send you a picture of the house and map as I capture through the network dish in the sky" After he spoke I felt a vibration on my phone. I gaze at it to find a picture of an ugly looking mansion that looked abandoned the next was a map to the house.

"Ben I will forever be grateful to you. Ten thousand dollars will be sent to you immediately. Thank you"

After cutting the line immediately dialed Eric's number praying for him to pickup. In the fourth ring he did "Eric Smith speaking" His gruffly manly voice spoke out.

A sweet warmth and delicious sensation filled my body but I shook it out of my head after remembering the purpose of my call "Eric I know where Victoria is"

*****************

Hi guys thank you for reading. You all are darlings.

You can follow me by clicking on this name👉xxinloves for more updates.

Don't forget to vote and comment!!!!