Reunite

Hey everyone. Sorry for not being active. I don't really have any excuse except my own laziness and inability to focus on my IRL responsibilities. Hopefully I can get to a more steady update schuedule of every weekend because that's when I have the most time on my hands to focus on writing.

Gates POV

No way... Another Fold weapon? We just found another fold weapon that the IMC have managed to make. They're really getting desperate now. They're really starting to get low on resources so nobody thought they actually had the guts to take this kind of risk. Whatever, we can just destroy it again like (Y/n) and BT. Speaking of which, I'm hoping they're okay. They both mysteriously went missing after the first fold weapon was destroyed. It's a damn shame, really. I was planning to ask him out because even though I wouldn't tell anyone, I kinda liked him. Yes I know he's not even an official pilot, but something about him makes him different from the other riflemen.

'No Gates, pull yourself together. There's nothing you can do for him now. Besides, you got a frontier to save right now'

*Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Gates squeezing the life out of Chibi (Y/n) in a hug*

I finally made it to the inside of the fold weapon. I was personally assigned to do this alone by Briggs herself. She said I was they best chance they got. Apparently the this was the best way to do it because that's how (Y/n) and BT did it. As this thought crossed my mind, I came to a horrible realization: if that's really what happened, then they're...

...

...

...

Let's destroy this bastard.

I got into the weapon and placed the charges I was given to destroy the weapon. I was about to call for evac but as I was about to, the detonator fell out of my pocket and the button was pressed against the floor. "Oh Shi-" *Insert massive explosion here*

*Timeskip brought to you by what the fu- BOOM!*

(Y/n) POV

I was in my room watching The Office (A/N: If you don't watch that then get the fuck out!) when I heard a massive explosion nearby. BT suddenly appears outside my window. "Pilot, that explosion contained massive amounts of energy similar to that of the Ark. We may want to check it out if there's any IMC in the area." "Got it. let's go." I quickly change into my pilot suit climb out the window and go to the front of the house to see Slenda standing there. "Did you detect the space-time energy as well", BT asks. "Yes. Would someone else from universe have happened to come here?" "Most likely. The explosion contained the exact energy as the Ark. However we wouldn't know if it's someone from the Militia or IMC. Either way it would be in our best interest to scout the area of the energy spike to see who might be here", BT replied.

We make our way to the general area where we heard the explosion and look around for anyone from our universe when BT picks up something. "Pilot, I detect a signal nearby. It's hard to tell who it is, but it doesn't appear to be IMC. Follow me." Me and Slenda follow BT to the signal an we find a crater in the ground. I look into it to find... Gates? Is it really her? I jump into the crater right away and go over to her. I check her pulse to see that she's thankfully alive and she starts to wake up.

"*Groans*, wha-, where the hell am I?"

She sees my helmet and backs up immediately

"Who are you?! Identify yourself, now!" I simply chuckle. She was always so paranoid. "What, you don't recognize an old friend?" I take off my helmet to show her my face. She looks at me in astonishment I assume. "(Y/n), is that really you? She comes closer and feels me face and shoulders to make sure I'm real and suddenly hugs me. "I thought you were dead you dolt! Don't scare me like that again!" I hug her back and we stay like that for a while before we separate.

"So, where the hell are we exactly", she asks. It's a long story", I answer. "Come back to the mansion and I'll tell you everything." She tilts her head in confusion. " Mansion? What are you talking about?" Slenda chimes in this time. "My mansion, of course." Gates just looks at her for a few seconds. "Who or what the hell are you?!" "My name is Slenda. I'm currently sheltering (Y/n) and BT after I found them camping out in my forest. I kept them here because they came from an alternate universe and it was quite clear that they weren't like any normal person. Gates suddenly realized where she was. "Oh well I guess- WAIT DID YOU SAY ANOTHER UNIVERSE?" I chuckled ab bit and said "Yup. We'll explain when we get to the mansion. Slenda teleports us back to the mansion and we all sit down in the living room while BT sits outside the window and we give Gates the rundown on our current situation

*Timeskip brought yo you by Gates looking down at a map and saying "where the hell am I?" (Like that one hollow knight meme if you've ever seen it)

After We explain everything to her we all sit in an awkward silence until Gates finally speaks up. "Well shit. I did not see that coming. So we're really stuck here with no IMC to fight or anything and with no way home?" "Pretty much. Guess we got an early retirement, huh?" "Heh. Guess we did. I finally get to relax for once in my life. Maybe this won't be so bad after all." "That's exactly what I thought." I'm guessing Slenda called the others down telepathically because they all come down and meet Gates. I have to say, she took it a lot better than I thought she would because none of these girls look exactly normal and they might be jealous because they have new competition, but they seem to have gotten along just fine. At least until It came to sleeping arrangements.

Slenda: "It seems we're out of spare rooms, so Gates will be sharing a room with (Y/n) because they're the most familiar with each other" Everybody immediately lost their shit so I pulled Gates' arm, signaling for her to come with me and we sneak away to my room. We manage to get their safely and I close the door and lock it.

"Seems like they're all pretty crazy for you, huh?" "Yeah. It's kinda weird. They all became flustered the moment I took off my helmet in front of them and they all suddenly want me", I say. All of a sudden I see her tense up. This is rather unusual because most of the time she's an emotional statue.

"Um.. about that sort of topic, I've been meaning to talk to you about something for a while..."

Gates POV

Damn it. Why can't I just say it? This should be easy! Am I actually nervous? This never happens. 'Pull yourself together already and just say it!' I finally gather the courage to just say what I want to.

Your POV 

 She goes silent for a few seconds until she finally speaks. "Listen (Y/n), I've been afraid to say this but... I like you. Something was always different about you. It set you apart from the other riflemen. I had no idea what it was, but I slowly came to the realization that... *mumbles*" I look at her in confusion. "Sorry what was the last part?" She speaks louder, but still not enough for me to hear her. "Can you repeat that again?" She blurts it out this time. "I LOVE YOU, OK? I'VE LOVED YOU SINCE THE BEGINNING!" My body is frozen up, but my face is practically on fire right now. Gates suddenly becomes quieter again. "I... I'm sorry. It's alright if you don't feel the same." I manage to find my voice again. "I... I feel the same way. I just didn't want to admit it because I thought you saw me as lesser because I was just a regular old rifleman." Gates took off her helmet to show me her face. Her amber brown eyes and hazel hair that always seemed to catch me off guard.

"That doesn't matter to me. It never did, and it never will, even though you seem to have become a pilot now. That just means you're stronger now, and that makes me love you even more." I feel like I'm going to faint at this point, but I manage to keep my composure. She moves closer and so do I without me even doing anything somehow until our lips meet. I feel like I'm in heaven right now. We stay like this for a while and we separate for air, our faces red. "So does this mean that..." I realize what she's implying. "Yeah... I guess it does." She turns red again and pulls me in again for another kiss and pushes me onto the bed. We get under the sheets and drift off into a peaceful slumber.

A/N: Hah! You really thought I was gonna do a lemon there for a sec? Well sorry, but that ain't happening anytime soon. This is my longest chapter yet and a lot of thought went into making it so I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it.