Story preview

As promised, here is the new story preview that was previously mentioned when we reached 5k reads, which means we are now at 8k reads. Thank you all so much for enjoying this story as much as you guys have. Now let's get on with it.

Y/n POV

Before I knew it, a strange looking creature teleported in front of me. He had bright red eyes, and a cloak that went all the way down to his ankles. He then spoke. "So, a new explorer appears before us. And who might you be?" My voice was still a bit raspy from the thousand years I didn't speak, but it's not too bad anymore. "Y/n, but I'm also known as the [TEMPORARILY REDACTED]."

"Well Y/n, it's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Grimm. I'm the master of this troupe." He held out his hand, which I shook. It's then I noticed he was around the same height as me, around 6 foot 5, maybe a couple inches shorter than me. At least I didn't have to bend down to greet him like I do with most people. "So Y/n, where are you from? I always enjoy hearing about the far off places that new arrivals come from." I hesitated to answer.

"Well, its...Complicated." Grimm only chuckled. "Oh please, I once met someone who literally popped into existence unexplicably. It can't be that bad." Ok, now that was pretty weird, I had to admit. "If you're really confident that it's as complicated as you say then why don't we sit down over a cup of tea." He then led us to another room in the tent with a table, 2 chairs, and some tea already there. We both sat down. I took a silent breath in and began to tell him of my home, how it was destroyed, how I went on rampage for thousands of years in anger over the demons taking everything, the comrades, I was supposed to protect, my brothers in arms, and my son. I then told him of getting trapped for a thousand years after killing the champion of hell, up to awaking, finding the crucible, and being sent here by [TEMPORARILY REDACTED] after he betrayed me and showing up here outside of the town. He seemed to be processing everything by the time I was done.

"Well..." he said after taking a sip of his tea. "It seems you weren't lying when you said it was complicated. How are you holding up after all of that?" "I guess I'm doing ok. I'm not nearly as bloodthirsty and rage filled as I once was. But unfortunately I don't seem to have a way home yet."

"I see", Grimm responded. He seemed to be deep in thought for a while. "Say, have you ever been into the arts before? You know, music, dance, things like that? I know it seems like a stupid question, considering what I know about you so far, but still." I thought back to the time before I lost everything and went blind with rage. "Well I was into guitar a whole lot when I was young. One of the best in my dimension." "Grimm's eyes widened in surprise. "Really now? Well in that case I have to ask...

Would you like to join the troupe?"

Full story coming at 10,000 reads.