...What...Happened?

Hey guys. Sorry this chapter took so long. I had an exhibition at school coming up that was required for 20% of my total grade in one of my classes for the entire block so that needed my immediate attention before anything else. On top of being behind in math because I suck at it and a 6 week long project in STEM I didn't really have any spare time to write. That and I'm just generally lazy. Fortunately the exhibition is finally over and things calming a little in Math, even if it's not that much, I was finally able to squeeze this chapter out. With all that being said you've all waited long enough. Here's the aftermath to the Lost Battle.

3rd person POV

The mission was a success. They have eliminated the pilot known as (Y/n) Lastimosa and cleared up this new version of Earth for the taking. They also got some new... oddities to experiment on: The suits and the new mysterious creatures that they had never seen before, each one more interesting than the last. And as if their day couldn't get any better, they had finally captured Gates, the mercenary leader of the 6-4. No more would she be a thorn in their side, being locked up in a cell. The others would all be recieving their own test chambers in the lab on board the newly rebuilt Draconis, touched down in a forest outside of Angel City where no one would find them, but there were 5 that they were particularly interested in: A woman in a nurse's outfit that seemed to have been reanimated from the dead, A bleach white skinned girl who had a clock for an eye, a young adult who seemed to be a demon, or at least possessed by one with agility and flexibility that put even their top pilots to shame, a grey skinned girl with no eyes and razor sharp teeth, and finally, a tall faceless demon. They had also finally gotten their hands on the titan known as Bravo-Tango 7274, who they planned to use as a blueprint to create Vanguard titans of their own. They were all locked up by an energy similar to Arc energy specialized for containment, hung to the ceiling. Spyglass walked into the room with a team of scientists.

"Begin the tests", he commanded. "Make sure to find out everything you can." He then walked up in front of the aforementioned creepypastas. "You won't get away with this", the faceless one snapped. "(Y/n) will be coming for us, and kill you all." Spyglass only chuckled. "I wouldn't be so sure of that. Both Blisk and Lionheart saw to it personally that he's dead." They all held shocked expressions. "No. It can't be...", the undead nurse said. "Oh it is", Spyglass replied. "We detected no life signatures nearby. There will be no one coming to save you or stop us from rebuilding our army from the new resources of your flimsy planet." No, he had to be alive, he had to. He was lying...right? Before they could think on that, electric shocks went through all of their bodies, sending jolts of numbing pain through the 5 test subjects and the scientists started performing their unethical experiments.

Elsewhere...

Back outside the mansion (Y/n) woke up with a groan of pain, his entire body sore and aching, only one thought coming to his mind...

'Fucking kill me.'

He sat up, trying to remember just what the hell happened, when it all started coming back to him. The invasion, the battle, losing the girls and... watching BT die in front of him. Filled with desperation, the pilot looked around, desperate to find any clues as to the whereabouts of the others, until he looked towards the mansion. IMC soldiers were patrolling the area, and the mansion itself was covered with the drapes and plastic that a quarantined area would be covered with. He reached towards the holster on his hip, taking out his knife. Luckily all of his weapons were ejected along with him. He snuck up quietly behind the 2 guards by the door, quickly snapping one of the guard's necks and stabbing the other in the face before he could react. He hid the bodies in a nearby bush and used his grapple to get onto the roof.

Thankfully, there was a window on one of the nearby walls he saw that led to the second floor. He climbed down towards it using his grapple as a means of rapelling, and quietly opened the window, making his way inside. He stuck a spare suppressor on his wingman, and quietly made his way to the first floor. Luckily, the stairs didn't creak, and he made his way downward, catching a group of 3 scientists in gray quarantine suits and 4 guards unaware. He activated his cloak and got behins the group and took out 2 of the 4 guards with his suppressed wingman, which he managed to upgrade from the B-3 wingman to the wingman elite during his time at the mansion before, and held it to one of the guards' heads in a headlock in front of him, catching everyone by suprise and making the remaining guard aim his weapon at the outlaw pilot, but hesitate to open fire.

"One wrong move and your buddy's gonna get a good old lead bullet for a snack. Answer my questions, and I may decide to spare you all", he said, his voice modulator sending shivers down everyone's spines. "Ok, Ok. No need to get hasty here. We'll tell you what we can", one of the scientists quickly replied, the others nodding frantically out of fear. "Good. Now first off, what did you do with the people in his house?" The guard who wasn't in the headlock answered almost immediately. "We sent them back to Angel City on the rebuilt Draconis."

"Where?"

"In a forest, outside the city walls." "Ok. How would I get back to Angel City?" One of the scientists replied. "We have a teleporter in this mansion, in the room right next to the stairs on the second floor." "Good. What are you doing with the people in the mansion?" The second scientist replied this time. "T-They're performing experiments on them there to find out what sort of abilities they have and if we can use them. You know, for medicine, superhuman soldiers, things like that." This angered (Y/n) beyond comprehension. Who knows what kinds of things they could be doing to the people who gave him a proper family other than his father. What they could be doing to his girlfriend and BT, if he hasn't been scrapped yet, but he found that highly unlikely.

"Where's Blisk and that Lionheart guy?" The final scientist answered his question. "They're on the Draconis, overseeing the experiments and preparations to begin invasion on this planet with Marder." "OK. One last thing and I'll let you all go. Where can I access all the info for the invasion and experiments?" Everyone hesitated to answer. To motivate everyone, (Y/n) shot a round into the guard's leg who he had captive, who screamed out in pain. "Alright, alright, alright, just chill! It's on the computer here. Get all the data you need" the other guard exclaimed. (Y/n) then released the guard and the other looked relieved. "So are you gonna let us go", one of the scientists asked hopefully. (Y/n) chuckled darkly. "Hell no." Before they could react, (Y/n) shot his wingman at the guards, emptying his last six rounds until there was one scientist left, who was promptly stabbed in the neck swiftly.

With that being said and done, (Y/n) went over to the computer's on the desk nearby that seemed to have been put there by the IMC. The computer was already on so he didn't need to worry about any sort of password so he wandered around on the files, looking for anything useful. He soon found a file titled 'Operation: New World' which he clicked on. Scrolling through the data, he found that they planned to invade this universe for more resources which they were in desperate need of. The girls were also in the file, which said that they were being studied if they could be useful assets, providing possible resources like medicine, energy, or if they were able to be controlled to become weapons of mass destruction. Instinctively, (Y/n) clenched his fists in anger and almost destroyed the monitor, but he continued searching.

He also discovered that the javelin's were being studied as well to see if they were able to be replicated for the IMC's use. He exited out of the file and kept scrolling. He eventually came across a file containing the current location of the New Draconis and the layout of it's interior. (Y/n) found a flash drive on the desk next to the monitor coincidentally and downloaded the file on it, which he then transferred into his helmet. He kept scrolling and found something very, very interesting...

An override agent with a direct command to shut down all security systems on the Draconis when activated on the ship.

(Y/n) immediately downloaded the file on the drive. This would definitely come in handy. He headed to the teleporter and before he was about to activate it, he saw some ammo crates. Perfect. He got the ammo necessary for his wingman, r-201, and even some rockets for his new Archer. Only one thought crossed his mind as the teleporter activated

'Hold on, everyone. I'm coming'

Slenda's POV

The experiments had been continuing for nearly 3 hours now, and I couldn't even begin to describe the tremendous pain I was in. My mind was hazy and my hope for escape was dwindled. If what the robot had said really was true, and (Y/n) was dead, We'd be stuck here forever, and I wouldn't get to confess to him. Just as I thought this, I heard a voice echo through my head.

'Hold on, everyone. I'm coming'

That voice... He was alive. I would've screamed in joy if the scientists weren't still in the room. I knew (Y/n) would come and give everyone here what they have coming to them. They have no idea what's about to hit them. The knowledge that there is still hope for us made the experiments just a bit more bearable to endure.