Chapter Two- Enemies

After the hug Zach and I exchange the doctor leaves and Zach zones off into space again.

"Why do you keep zoning out?" I ask.

He gives me a smile and says "just thinking."

He picks me up and carries me up the stairs to a giant bedroom.

He carries me into the bathroom and his face gets red while he says "you need to take a shower."

I only nod as he puts me down so I am standing.

"I'll be right in here if you need me" he says, leaving the room.

I hop into the shower and take the longest one I've ever had. The evil man never let me take showers longer than two minutes. Once I'm done I step out of the shower and there is a pile of clothes laying there. I put them on and they fit perfectly, how did he know my size?

I exit the bathroom into the bedroom and Zach isn't in here. I go to the door and I'm about to turn the handle when I hear yelling coming from downstairs.

"How could you let him get away?"

"Two of my best warriors and you let them get away?"

Zach's voice echoes through the hallway and I'm just glad I'm on this side of the door.

I quietly exit the room and stand on the staircase so I can see what's going on.

Zach picks up one of the guys and throws him into the wall making a huge dent in the wall.

He then yells "leave, I'm going back to my mate."

"And don't let her see you shift."

My eyes grow wide knowing that this man called me "mate"  and what does he mean by shift? I run back to my room and lock the door. He hurt that guy.. what would stop him from getting angry and hitting me?... I needed to leave before he hurt me too.
Going over to the bed I grab a sheet and tie it to the railing of the balcony. After carefully climbing down I take off running into the forest.

I'm dodging trees and jumping logs when I hear something growl in the bushes beside me.

I freeze up and the growl grows louder until I'm pushed down, and pinned underneath a huge wolf. I've never seen this wolf before and he's got his nose right by my face almost taunting me. A howl comes from the direction I was running away from and the wolf on me picks his head up. His ears go straight and I can see him listening. I try to grab his leg and push him off but it only results in him getting angrier.

While looking right at me he grabs that arm, that I was pushing him off with, with his teeth. He bites down causing me to scream in pain. I hear loud thumps on the ground coming in my direction and next thing I know the wolf on top of me is thrown into a tree. The black wolf from before is standing in front of me, protecting me from the other wolf.

He lets out a growl as the other wolf gets up and I notice that growl.

"Zach?" I question as I heard that same growl from him.

The black wolf quickly turns its head to look at me and for a second his eyes turn to pure ocean blue and I know it's Zach. Zach lets out a growl as the other wolf uses my words as a distraction, and attacks Zach.

The two wolves start to fight and I push my body backwards till my back hits a tree. I see the brown wolf from before with his body low like he's going to pounce on me. The wolf jumps towards me and I cover my face ready for impact. I hear fighting and I look over to see the brown wolf fighting who I can only think is Noah, the grey wolf.
I must be dreaming.. this can't be real.. although it physically feels real.

I grip my arm with my hand in hopes to stop the bleeding. I hear another howl, and Zach comes running towards me full speed. I think he's about to hit me, but he stops inches away and licks my face. I put my head on his warm fur and I see his paw is bleeding slightly. I go to grab it but he pulls it away and lays down, signaling me to get on.

I climb on top of him and before he takes off running I whisper "I'm sorry, let's get out of here."

Minutes later we are back at the house and he lets me get off of him. I start to hear bones crack and then Zach's wolf turns into just Zach himself. Zach is naked, so he walks over to an outside box and opens it to pull out some shorts. He throws them on then walks over to me and pulls me into a hug.

He pulls me into the house and the doctor is standing there. I know the drill by now, so I sit on the couch and let him do what he needs to. Once he finishes with me he cleans and bandages Zach's hand as well. The doctor then leaves with a nod and Zach grabs my arms and looks into my eyes.

"Don't you ever leave me again, you are mine."

Part of me wants to hug him and the other wants to yell at him about all this stuff that is going on. I must be dreaming, the evil man must have hit me too hard this time and knocked me out causing this to happen. I mean werewolves? Come on it's a fairy tail.

"Mate." I hear him say causing reality to set back in.

"What is going on?"

"Your a werewolf?"

Why do you keep calling me "mate?" I blurt out tired of all these questions.

Zach takes a deep breath then explains to me what packs, werewolves, and mates are.

I huff out a big breath and mumble "I'm your mate?"

He gives me a giant smile and nod and I pull myself into his warm chest. The sound of the front door to the house opens and I hear "Alpha, Luna?"

Zach turns around protectively until he realizes it's Noah.

"What Noah?" Zach says irritated he barged in.

Noah starts to ramble "you didn't answer when I tried to mind link you but..."

Zach cuts him off "Noah get on with it."

"We caught him" Noah finally blurts out.

Zach races for the door but quickly stops realizing he's left me behind.

He turns around and says "River, I'm going to have my third in command, Carter come over okay."

I nod my head and the two boys leave. The thought of a new person alone with me makes me nervous so I decide to walk upstairs into our bedroom and lay down under the covers. Im very tired and it's been a long day. I shut my eyes and quickly feel myself drift off into sleep.