Chapter Three- Dad?

The sun on my face peacefully awakens me. I sit up and take a big breath realizing how good I slept. After opening the window, a cool breeze flows through the room. The smell of fall has arrived, my favorite time of the year.

I go to the closet and see one pair of clothes and shoes sitting their that look my size. I put the colorful leggings and shirt on, then put the red converse shoes on. After finding a brush I comb my hair and put it into one long braid.

I open the door to the hallway by the stairs and climb down to the first floor. I see the living room and there is two guys sitting on the couch playing video games on the tv.

I start to go back up the steps but I hear "Luna, are you hungry?"

I turn back around and one of the guys are staring at me.

I nod and he walks over to the kitchen and puts down a plate with pancakes, sausage, and bacon down. Next he puts a tall glass of milk down. He smiles at me then walks back to the couch to continue their game.

I sit down at the island in the middle of the kitchen and start to eat. I've never been allowed to eat this kind of food, I had to make it for the man, but never eat it. I only eat and drink about 1/4 of what I was given because I wasn't ever fed much before. I hear the door slam and I quickly hide on the other side of the island so no one can see me from the other side.

I hear heavy footsteps and then talking I can't here.

I hear multiple footsteps enter the kitchen and one of the guys says "she was right here a minute ago."

The footsteps go upstairs and I hear yelling but I only manage to make out one word, "River."

I make my way for the door but I'm stopped by someone grabbing my arm roughly.

I turn around in fear to find Zach standing there with black eyes.

I whimper and his eyes go ocean blue again and he pulls me into him while saying "I'm sorry, I didn't know where you were at and......"

He then looks into my eyes and says with a crack in his voice "I can't lose you."

"Why are you mad?" I mumble out, wondering why he slammed the door.

He looks down then back up at me and says "those wolves that keep entering our territory, they are rouges, and they want you."

I'm taken aback for a second, why would rogues want me? I am a nobody.

He shakes his head and holds my hand, gently pulling me to the kitchen.

"Eat up" he says while sitting down beside my chair.

I look at him with confusion before saying "I did."

"It looks like you barely touched your food, eat." He says with disbelief and anger.

Tears start to stream down my face, "it's not my fault." I blurt out before running upstairs to my room.

I stand on the balcony watching the wind blow the leaves off of the trees. I feel bad for running off like a little kid but it's all too much to handle. I mean don't get me wrong this place is amazing, but it takes time. I can tell Zach loves me, and I think I even love him. He gets soo angry though and it scares me.

Zach must have knew that I needed space so I decide to go back downstairs and look for him. I open the door and there's the guy who was playing video games from before standing in the hallway.

He sees me and says "hi, my names Carter, the alpha has assigned me to be your bodyguard."

I put my hand out and shake his hand "my names river."