Chapter Eleven-Ranger

"I'm coming out" I yell as I begin to walk into the doorway.

As I hit the outside I see the man standing over Vix who is laying on the ground.

"Is he alive?" I yell to him

"Barely" he yells back

I take a step and he gets a little defensive so I put my hands in the air to show him I don't have a weapon or anything.

"I'll come with you if you let them live"

He stares at me for a moment then says "your going to come with me either way so this isn't an negotiation."

He walks over to the front of Carters car and leans on the hood.

He's not far away from Vix but far enough that I think he's saying I can see him.

I run over to Vix and roll him onto his back, he's out cold, but breathing.

"What did you do to him?"

"What I had to do" he says like it's an everyday thing.

I stand up and face him "what you had to do?"

"From what I can gather you did the same thing to both of them, broke their ribs, leg, and dislocated a shoulder."

Before I can continue he walks up into my face and says "your lucky they are still alive."

He grabs my arm and starts to pull me towards the woods.

I start punching him and hitting him as hard as I can.

He grabs both my arms and pushes me down to the ground.

With his body on top of mine alone he is holding me down, but he is holding both my arms down too.

"Why are you doing this" I cry out, angry, sad, the whole thing.

"I am sorry, but for reasons I can't explain, and you won't understand, this has to happen."

"Now are you done, River?"

Wow, this guy even knows my name.

I nod my head in defeat, I can't outrun him in human form, I can't shift, and I'm not stronger than him.

He gets up, pulls me up, and once again starts to pull me.

We get to the woods and he stops, "Look I am going to shift into wolf form, so I can take us to my truck, ok?"

I don't even look at him, I just nod.

He shifts into... I hate to say it, a beautiful white wolf, almost like mine, but much larger.

He stares at me as I just stand there waiting for him to lay down. He lets out a small whine then paws at me.

"What?" I ask

"Ohhh, Your not used to this, right, you have to lay down so I can get on."

He does what I say and I climb onto him.

He takes off running and shortly after, he stops in front of a big blue four door truck.

He stands still again so I say "lay down"

He does so, and I climb off.

I walk over to the truck as he shifts and he comes back. He opens the passenger door and I hop in.

Just as I get in he grabs my hand and encloses cuffs on my right wrist.

"What the hell?" I yell out